35. Fourth of July

"You should get used to me, I joke dirty princess, okay what do you want? I'll bring it." He pulls on an apologetic look and I find myself smiling as I take his hand in mine under the table. I squeeze it and then drop it looking back at him.

"I Know you were kidding c'mon."

"But you were so hell bent on getting your own food." He replies simpering at me.

" I needed a reaction actually, so here take the money." I give him the money but he pushes it back to me.

"No, I don't want your money. You asked Cam for your Tacos, is that not enough?"

"Yes, but I also want some cold vanilla ice cream and white velvet cake. I feel like snacking will you get me that please?" I beg with my eyes and he nods leering at me.

"Of course princess." With that, he gets up and joins others in the line. The girls have already placed their orders and now we're left alone. Aimee scoots closer to me from her seat and she takes Ballice's seat.

"Why did it took much time getting him to bring you lunch?" She asks me propping her elbows on the table.

"He's stubborn, you don't know him." I answer her smiling. "I know this school is so big with numerous students, how come I've never seen you around though?"

"We're from different blocks, I'm a junior so there's a possibility of us not seeing each other." She replies casually smiling softly at me.

"Makes sense, you're following your brother around, aren't you?" I ask tilting my head slightly at her and she shakes her head laughing.

"That's the last thing I'll do, oh trust me."

"Why so?" I ask propping an elbow too at the table and I lean my head on my palm facing her.

"He's mean to me sometimes, siblings rivalry you know?" She giggles and I nod in agreement giggling too.

"So you were born after him I bet right?" She nods and I can't stop my questions. "How older?" Stuffing the words out is easier than controlling them.

"Heeey why are you bombarding my sister in law with so many questions? give her a break please!" Cam pats her palms at the table lightly and I roll my eyes assuming her as I turn back to Aimee.

"Two years, don't ask me why, he's just a class ahead, he's 19 and I'm 17, you know boys... Huh? " I brush her off and I start laughing.

"Yeah sure I completely get it. So you're just our age mate I see." I say turning back to look at Cam. " Your sister in law? You're so sure, aren't you Cam?"

"Of course she is, and I like her, I just hope she'll stick around, forever." Aimee answers instead and I can't like her any better.

" You heard her." Cam adds giving me a triumph look.

"Are you 17 too?" Aimee asks looking at Tif and Cam then back to me.

"Yeah, I'll be turning 18  April next year, Cam will turn 18 October this year same to Tiffany but for her, it will be on 25th December, Christmas baby." I wink at Tif but she just sticks her tongue out at me.

"Aaaaww baby Jesus." Aimee praises casting Tiffany a sweet smile which she gladly offers back to her.

Ps... Tiffany never smiles.

"Nella's birthday was last Saturday, she's a July baby, that's when she turned 17." Cam says. Oh that's when we were at the fair last Saturday.

" Not just a July baby. I was born on the fourth of July." Aimee adds proudly.