24. Paired project

I get into my geography class ten minutes earlier. Ballice is already seated on his usual seat next to mine at the front row. Earphones are stuffed into each one of his earbuds, his eyes are closed and one of his foot is tapping rhythmically to the beat of the song he is listening.

I feel like changing my seating position, I can take one at the back or at the middle but I decide otherwise. I managed ignoring his presence for three damn weeks, I can still do it right? 'Not after what transpired between you two on Sunday morning'. Stupid subconscious ugh.

I slump myself on my seat obnoxiously bumping into his desk unintentionally making him jerk up.

I ignore his scrutinizing faze as I drop my bag onto the floor next to my legs. I bend to rummage through it, my voluminous hair falling all over my face and I hear a low grunt being emitted through his lips. When I sit back up I notice from the corner of my eye that he's no longer looking at me. I lavish this time to stalk his lean physique. His eyes are shut again and his lips are pulled into a tight straight line.

He asked me to soften up. Oh I didn't even notice that I was stiff at first place. So what I'll simply do is avoid talking to him cause I can't keep my cool once he provokes me in any way. I wonder how we actually got along on Saturday night and part of Sunday morning. It's so clear that we are complete opposites, getting along will be a nightmare.

On Monday, for the first time he greeted me on my way to my afternoon class after a boring lunch without Cam and Tif, so I greeted him back. It happened that Tif still had a hangover and Cam was still at Jelton's place. So my Cam baby got back to school today and I can't wait to meet them both at the cafeteria after this lesson.

Yesterday's classes ran smoothly and I didn't bring myself to look at him even once on our Shared classes. I know somehow I can't stop myself from kissing him if he'll attempt. But I can't put my guard down again, the boy has a girl to pursue who is not me. I can't explain how the thought of him kissing another girl just the way he kissed me tightens my chest and makes my stomach churn. C'mon Tleigh, not to that path, you have dreams ahead and he'll never like you. Yes you are right subconscious, for the first time you remind me something good, thank you. But I'll live for the few moments we spent together getting along, no regrets.

Miss Lennah our geography teacher gets in and she immediately starts scribbling on the whiteboard after greeting us.

SENIOR GEOGRAPHY PROJECT:

  An investigation into population growth in Columbia.

She turns to look at us after writing on the board. "You have to take this serious, so pair up in two's. You and your partner can discuss the schedule of taking care of it. You can come for consultation at my office when stuck. You should be done by the end of this semester and you have to submit it before leaving for the summer holiday."

His eyes lit up mischievously as he turns to look at me. I prop my elbows on my desk and I put my chin on my open palms trying to listen carefully at Miss Lennah.

After giving us instructions on how to go about the project, she sits down at her desk and starts typing at her laptop before a PowerPoint slideshow is projected on the whiteboard.

"Now get your textbooks and notebooks ready, there are some notes you should write down." She says from her seat.

I pull my books from my bag and lay them on my desk. I don't feel like this is a good idea of pairing up with Ballice.
Hell no!

I raise my hand up and she notices it. "Yes Tleigh."

"Is there any possibility of doing this project individually?" I ask trying so hard to sound rational. There is no way I'll pair up with him, absurd!

"Oh no, that's impossible, it's a requirement actually. It must be done in two's, not less not more. Why? You can make good partners with Ballice, you've been sitting together for sometime, aren't you used to him yet?" She arches a brow at me but I nod my head trying to hide the scowl that is threatening to grow on my face.

"It's okay madam." I groan internally moving my eyes to my laps in disappointment.

"Hey Kellane." I hear Ballice whisper next to me but I decide to ignore his presence. "Pssstt hey." He repeats.

Silence.

He clicks his tongue and still continues, "You should stop pretending." After his fourth attempt he reaches out and taps on my desk and I finally look up grunting lowly.

" What???" I whisper-hiss turning my head to face him. I can see how he's trying to fight a grin off his face.

"Well I knew you were a genius but I didn't know you were this intellectual much, so you want to do this project alone?" I narrow my eyes at him and then move them back on the board. I take my pen and notebook and I start jotting down the notes from the board.

"Do you mind borrowing me a blue pen then? Heck, I have one and it's fucking red."

" I also have one." I curtly say focusing on the board and he scoffs.

" I Know you have some spare." I take a glance at him and I catch him looking pointedly at my pen case on the desk with a frown. "C'mon princess, there is no harm in lending me one, not two." He cooes lowly trying not to catch miss Lennah's attention who's just a few feet away from us.

"Shut up Bally!" I murmur warningly and he heaves a deep sigh giving me his puppy look. Oh boy, he knows no one can resist him by pulling that look. But today I will. Infact I have four blue pens in the case but I'm not going to lend him one. He can get stuck even in his ass for all I care.

"Princess, okay I'll buy you your favourite lemon biscuit yoghurt and your vegan white chocolate." My head snap up at him immediately, he's biting his lip trying to stifle a laughter. You know my weaknesses right boy? But we're not going there, not now not ever. "Pleaaaaseeee." He begs jutting his bottom lip out.

So ladylike, I roll my eyes.

"Ballice and Tleigh, what's the problem there?" Miss Lennah asks shooting a pointed look at us. He narrows his eyes at me and I give him a deadly glare before I divert my eyes to the teacher without saying a word.

"Uhmmm... I'm asking for a blue pen, I forgot mine back at home." He States and miss Lennah's eyes moves back to me.

" Come on Tleigh, lend him one, he'll return it after the lesson." A grin threatens to break through his face when I click my tongue and practically rip my pen case to get the pen. I hand it out to him stiffly and he grabs it forcefully thinking I'll take it back. "Thanks." He chirps only to earn an annoyed glare from me.

" Next time make sure you pack enough pens in your bag Mister." Miss Lennah tells him and he nods, a big grin plastered on his face.

" I will madam." He replies enthusiastically.

Such a kid.

"You better do, let's continue class." She resumes and Ballice sits back with satisfaction smiling like a Cheshire cat as he keeps stealing glances my way after every second.

Once the bell rings to announce lunch period, I shot out of my seat as if my ass was on fire and I'm out in a spur.