4. At the porch

We walk towards the parking lot in silence internally scolding myself for letting my hatred for Maya take the best of me and for taking Cam's fight into my hands. I should have assumed it. But who am I kidding?  I can't assume more so when it comes to the person I despise the most.

When we arrive, I take Cam's hands into mine and gives her an apologetic look.
"I'm sorry cam I shouldn't have done that, I mean it was between you and her, I should--"

"Hey ! Do you really think I'm mad at you for standing up for me? You have no idea how I felt when you pulled her hair. I wanted to join you so bad but I was afraid she'll find me when I'm alone and God knows what she can do to me, infact I wanted to laugh my ass out but I knew better than that." she says finally laughing.

"Tell me you're kidding girl!" I let go of her hand and smacks her head joining her in laughter. "And what's with the horror look you were giving me?" 

" Oh that? I was definitely surprised, I was like this is not the Tee I know!" she exclaims wiping off her eyes which have already been filled with tears. "And Tif must know today what our soft girl has just done! I mean that slap, oh God! Fireee!" She squeals .

We stand there laughing for another couple of minutes and finally Cam decides to join me on my motorbike and I ride us home. She has a driver who usually picks her up but since it was still early I asked her to come with me to our place. I want her to tell me what their argument with Maya was all about.

We walk to the porch once we arrive and we take out seats on the wooden lounge bench under the acacia tree in front of our house. Beside the bench, a few feet away is a flower garden blooming with white and red roses.

The flower garden reminds me so much of my mum. It's been three years now since she left us. Lodzin was four by then and I was fourteen in my freshman year. Those are the darkest days in my life which I don't really like talking about.

Mom kept telling me to never bring myself to a weak helpless woman. She told me that I will grow into a crown someday if I stand up for myself always and that's the reason behind the dark trait of being a bomb ass lady and fire is another one of my personality traits. Oh mom I miss you so bad .

I walk into the house and comes back with some juice in a glass jug and offers Cam a glass. "So tell me, what was all that about girl?" I ask pouring it into her glass as I pour myself a glass too.

She takes a gulp and then clears her throat, "It started last year when we were at this music festival in kinderhook. I didn't know Jelton was his boyfriend, he was being too friendly to me even from before at school, so he offered lunch at the festival and I accepted it." She takes a breath.

I just nod.

She takes another sip and continues, "So he took me to the nearest restaurant and we ordered our food and took it in silence, comfortable silence I mean. When we were done, Jelton went to pay our lunch bill at the cashier and immediately the bitch stormed in from I don't know where fuming. I was utterly confused."

Her cheeks burns up in the memory and she bites her bottom lip. They are slowly turning rosy pink and this raises my curiosity. " It's like Jelton saw her, so he hurriedly walked back towards us and bent whispering into my ear that we should leave before the lunatic makes a scene. I shrugged standing, he scooped me up with his arms and walked us outside."

" Oh no! Tell me he did not Cam!" I crack into a thunderous laughter making her cheeks turn a darker shade of pink.

"Yes he did Tee, just imagine the embarrassment, It was so horrendous. I covered my face with my palms that was the only thing I could think of, I don't even want to bring that memory back!"  She huffs laughing lightly.

I keep laughing and I don't know why this is so funny to me.

"What's funny, Maya was shouting her guts out while following closely behind us, Jelton raised his middle finger at her still carrying me despite all the pinches I threw at him all the way out to drop me. He dropped me when we were finally out whispering again into my ear that Maya is her ex-girlfriend it's just that she's hard to get."

"Oh how sweet! And you never even dared mentioning it to me bitch!" I cajole slapping her arm playfully. Atleast now my laughters have ceased. That was so funny indeed. I can see the humiliation Maya felt in public. Well she deserves it.

"I couldn't! I knew you'll definitely embarrass me more. Who doesn't know Tif? And even you!" She exclaims narrowing her eyes at me as I crack again.

"Okay okay, but atleast you should have told me like seriously, Tif can humiliate you with laughter but atleast me you know." I wink at her and she shakes her head laughing.

Just the way Cam talks about this guy there must be something she feels for him. She ends up telling me how they went home earlier that day from the festival, how they exchanged numbers, how they've been communicating and how awkwardly they behave when they bumps into each other coincidentally. By the time she's done talking her face is like a ripe tomato and she has a big grin on her face.

"Uhmm I see..." I clear my throat trailing a little dramatically. "So tell me Cam, you like him infact love him, do you?

" Wh...what! Uhm... hell no! Love him? There is no way!" She stutters and the look she's wearing is so priceless. I burst out into another fits of laughter earning a pinch from her on my cheek .

"What's with your tongue today sweetheart?" I question her in between laughters." What's hard to get Cam? Can't you see it? It's clear as day that you like him really!" I bolt making her bite her lip harder shaking her head.

She's the shy type when it comes to boys but I'm pretty sure she can make a good girlfriend and wife and even a mother someday. And this reminds me of the day we were talking about our dream weddings at Tiffany's place when we had a sleepover there.

Both Cam and I want to get married outside. However, while I want to get married in the summer on a lake somewhere, Camille wants to get married in the fall beneath a canopy of trees when leaves starts to change colour. As for Tiffany, she doesn't know what she wants. She tells us that as long as she finds a man with good looks and gives good sex, she's good to go. She got a dirty mouth indeed but we like her that way. She's fun to have around.

I love you guys
Remember to vote and comment 😜