41. kidnapped

If luck can be on my side sometimes even in a slightest way then it's now, I find a metal door and when I try to push against it, it opens slowly without making any kind of noise. I'm immediately greeted with dust, cement and the smell of paint and paraffin. The cemented floor looks dirty and worn. There are buckets of paint around and sacks of cement. I push through another door and it opens itself smoothly. I come into a long hallway with rooms alongside it. I notice the roof up is ceilingless. I push at every door but they are all closed.

I hear a faint noise coming from one of the rooms. At one of the doors there is a ladder going up to the roof. I climb on it and once am on top I see those three men still playing cards at the furthest room which looks bigger than others. I scan inside the rooms and I see Kellane, three rooms away from the one I am. I climb down faster and move the ladder to that room. I climb on it and once am up I crawl across the edges of the wall and I hang on the door of that room. I climb down slowly trying my best not to make noise. She is lying on the floor. It's so dusty and her hair is spluttered all over. It's exactly 15 minutes since I heard them saying she'll be awake after 20 minutes.

I sit beside her and watch her expressions. She looks so troubled in her sleep as the skin on her forehead as has formed stressing lines. I shake her profusely and she finally opens her eyes. They're bloodshot and they pop out in surprise. She starts hyperventilating as she scans the place around her. Realization hits her and she brings her eyes to me.

"You! So it's you--"

"Shhhh..." I shush her covering her mouth with the palm of my hand looking around, I then look at her and our eyes connect. She's glaring at me like she gonna eat me alive. "Maya Turner ordered those men to kidnap you. Okay, I wanted to talk to you before we left school but I missed you by a minute and I followed you. So I saw everything that unfolded. I'm the one who hit that man and I wanted to rescue you but I couldn't. They had guns. I still followed you here. I was looking for means to get in. So here I am. I heard them saying that they drugged you. And I think Maya will be here. Kellane we have to do something." The words run out from my mouth faster as she looks at me completely dazed and faxed.

"You...you wanted to rescue me?" She stutters.

"Of course, time is not on our side, we better act fast." I reply running my thumb on her cheek.

" But why?" She frowns.

" Because I care for you." I smile slightly dropping my hand.

"You shouldn't have, you know it's risky to you."

" Like you're safe here, are you? " She starts fidgeting with her hands and tears starts forming in her eyes.

"I'm...I'm sorry---"

"We don't have that much time Kellane! Let's go!"  I pull her off the floor with her hand and I turn the inside door knob, the door swings open. I hear the front door banging and it opens after some seconds and Maya's high pitched voice booms in the house.

"Where is she?"

I look at Kellane my eyes popping out. "We can't make it out on time before they catch us. I'll call the police, just go back. And please forgive me. I'll come back for you on time." I bring my hands on her cheeks and she nods tears still pooling out of her eyes.

"I'll wait for you Bally, please come back." She begs and I nod biting my lower lip hard to supress my emotions.

"Yes I will, I will. I promise." With that, I run towards the backdoor I used to get in after giving her one final glance.

I take out my phone from my pocket once am out and I call the police Informing them on everything in a quick summary. Good luck I find the warehouse number near the fire alarm and I tell it to them.

Fifteen minutes is what it takes them to get here. I hear sirens from the distance and I press on the fire alarm. I move to the window and peek into the room where those three men were. One has tripped over the boxes and the other two are hurrying out. The one who tripped, gets on his knees before picking his gun which was dropped, another gun is pressed on his head. Thank God, it's a policeman.

In a heft, I plod towards that rusty metal door, I open it and run across the hallway to that room where I left her. She is there alone and one of her cheeks is dark red hand fingers printed on it. She's not crying this time but her cheeks are stained with dry tears.

She runs towards me once she sees on the doorstep. She wraps her hands around my waist tightly and she starts sobbing. I run my fingers in her hair cooing her.

"That bitch ran away after she heard that fire alarm." She growls after her body calms.

" Towards which direction?" I ask her.

"Which other, of course the one she used to get here." She doesn't know how many exists this house has.

"Don't worry, the police must have caught her already." I whisper as I hear a body stopping behind me. I turn around after pulling away from the hug and I find a policeman.

"Young Man are you the one who called us?" He asks and I simply nod. " Okay follow us to the police station, we need your statement."

I look back at Kellane and she nods at me, we follow him.

"We caught three guys and there is a lady who looks hurt on her face. She was trying to run away but we were here right on time though the gate man snitched ." He explains as we gets closer to the police cars, there are three cars to be exact.

"Thank you sir, she is the one who ordered them anyway, and from the look of things that gate man had no idea what was happening, I think he just guards that warehouse." I tell him as we approach others.

" You'll just explain what you saw at the police station, young lady." He turns to look at her, " Are you okay or should we call the medics? They're on the third car over there."

" I'm okay, they should check on her I think." She points towards the handcuffed culprits in one of the cars. It's more like a pickup since it's open at the back and there are four police officers guarding them.

"Are you the one who---"

"Yes I'm the one,  they should have tied me up." She cuts him off.

" You really did a number on her. Okay get into the car. We're heading to the police station." He says looking at Maya who is now glaring at us. I'm sure if given a gun right this moment, she can't hesitate to shoot our brains out. Feisty being the feisty she really is, sticks her tongue out thriving her middle finger in the air at the same time as she mouths at her. 'Get screwed bitch.' Maya's face looks like shit.

"Sir will you please drop us... there?" I point at my car which is at a distance on the roadside. " We will drive in my car, if that's okay with you."

" It's completely okay, you'll follow us behind and it's just a statement we need from the both of you." We nod getting into the car taking the back seat. There is one more policeman on the driver seat, the one who's been with us takes the passenger seat and we embark.

TBC