39. Don't you dare.

'She is a warrior capable of slaying the demons in life. She is a pioneer capable of choosing her own path. She is a trailblazer capable of achieving new horizons. Just give her some time and see her bedazzle the world.'  Avijeet Das.

She is impossible to resist. Ever seen a woman with a vintage heart but too wild to be caged?

She ended up telling me how she spent her holiday with her aunt who sounds like her sister in Brooklyn. How her aunt is so crazy and how she's bugging her to get a boyfriend because she's old enough to find one. But seriously where have you ever heard aunts like those? She made me laugh and now my ribs can't hurt any less. I asked her about her aunt's opinion and all she said is, "Just leave that lunatic, I'll keep disappointing her for the next six years to come." Have you ever felt your heart sinking into your stomach? That's what I felt.

Now we're all gathered near the pool, Tiffany is cracking jokes on how Kellane and Cam are the worst dancers in the world.

"It not like I'm bragging or defending myself, can you please give us a one time dance, any song you'll suggest Tif baby." Camille suggests and we all move our eyes to Tiffany who is now standing up from her position. Girl with guts. I hear  Kellane gasping beside me and we all fall into fits of laughter when Tiffany dives into the pool after sticking her middle finger out.

"This girl is something else, how can I like her any less?" Dubel comments and I move my eyes to his side, I open my mouth to say something but Kellane beats me to it.

"You like Tiffany?" Shock is written all over her face.

"Heck no, not what you're thinking, I mean the crazy things she does, her ever closed mouth, her guts...such things." Dubel defends himself and that just makes Nard, Morgan and even Aimee to make some sounds not agreeing with him.

"Oh." That's what kellane manages to say and she continues drawing circles on her bare thighs. She and the summer sun are killing me.

"Tleigh by the way I've never gotten a chance to tell you this." Nard starts. Tell her what? I feel my chest rising but what he says next makes me feel like a moron. "I liked your drama play in Junior. You really know how to act. It was splendidly hot." He compliments and she smiles softly at him.

" Thank you, I would have joined this year but we had too much work, projects, exams and a lot of studying to do... Senior year really is hectic." She complains masking her face into an exhausted one.

"This year's drama was the best, I participated in it." Aimee says and then she continues, " If I were you, I'll be glad this is my final year, it's been a four year journey."

" And that's what I've been holding unto, otherwise I could have dropped out of school this year, all those labs which were giving me migraine, I can't wait to graduate." Jelton adds and I can't disagree with him, I could have dropped out of school too.

"Yeah sure." Kellane nods. "This sun is not doing me any good and my back is already aching." She stretches her back throwing her hands over her head as she stifles a yawn.

"Tell us more about your back." Camille smiles cheekily as she throws her a kiss in the air after winking at her.

"I've not told you girls the work I used to do with Aunt hesnah, all the house chores, God."

" And that explains why your mother is not woman enough. She should have taught you all the house chores as you were growing. You wouldn't be complaining about your back you know." I throw her a light simper but all I see is her facial features changing into wild and stiff one.

Her eyes turns red promptly and her breathing picks up. She raises her trembling hand and the next thing I feel is a hard heft blow landing on my right cheek followed by a deafening sound and my eyes closes themselves as if on impulse. What have I done wrong? I feel my cheek burning up and before I open my eyes to look at her another slap lands right where the first one landed and that wakes me up completely. "Princess-"