5. Confused Cam

" I..I..ca.. can't love him Tleigh." Okay where's my bitchy girl today. She's stammering a lot now. Oh how stupid love can turn a person into a stammerer if he/she can't admit the feelings I see.

"And why's that cam?" I ask her but this time she's not with me here, she's zoned out. "Cam!" I blunder making her jump out of her seat startled and I burst out laughing again.

"What! It's not funny you know." she points out readjusting herself on the bench.

"I asked why you can't love him."

She starts fiddling with the Hem of her blouse looking at me her eyes turning glassy. " I don't know Tee! I'm confused! I've never been in love before but what I know is he makes me happy whenever we're together. He's been at our place once and there's a day we went mountain biking together, that was the best day of my life."she admits and I see the corner of her lips twitching.

"We had fun. And another thing is that I can't stop smiling whenever we're talking on calls, same thing applies to whenever we're chatting. You see all those things? They confuse me Tleigh! " A tear leaks down her cheek as she runs her hands in her neat hair messing with it.

I pull her in for a hug and she keeps talking on my shoulder. "Tee I don't know, he's never mentioned anything about loving me but the day we went mountain biking when we were on our way back home he saw a monstrous mansion at some neighborhood in Rochester. Believe it or not, he said that he'll build us a bigger one in the near future. I was taken aback by his words but I rubbed it off and assumed. It's confusing!"

I can feel how devastated she is. Her voice says it all." Cam are you really my best friend? And how come you didn't mention it, like seriously cam, since when did we started being secretive?" I curl my lips downwards pulling away from the hug gently.

"We've not met more than twice outside school Tee, we met the day he came at our place and it was unplanned really, he told me that he was passing by and so he dropped to say hi, the next was last weekend when we went mountain biking, "
she says looking at me and from the way I'm throwing daggers she bites her tongue and continues.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, that agriculture project worked me up for sure, I'm sorry babygirl." she utters pouting her lips as she wraps her arms around my waist. " I love you genuine!" she adds squeezing me tighter.

"Fine!" I remember her telling us she had an agriculture project and it was eating her mind little by little. "I love you triple." I presume chuckling as I push her away.

"But seriously Cam, you're in love and I'm sure about it. I know I've never been in love before but from the knowledge I have from books, novels and mom's tutors you are." I tell her turning my facial expression into a serious one.

She looks down and picks on her finger nails. "As long as Maya is in the picture I won't be able to have peace, she gives me hard times and up to now she blames me for taking his Jelton. To avoid all the drama she causes, I'll tell Jelton to stop texting and calling me. We should stop this before it goes any further. I'll tell him to stop seeing me too." I can feel how hurt she is, from her voice.

"Girl you're so silly. You've just told me now that he makes you happy, and why do you want to sacrifice your happiness for a Maya bitch, go fight for your love I know you love him and he loves you too. You should fight together. Fight for what makes you happy dummy!" I spit pinching her nose playfully and she smiles brightly this time.

"Strange how someone who's never been in love gives the best advice in the world!"she squeals wrapping her hands around my waist again and pulls me in for a hug. "I don't know what I did to deserve you! You're so sweet baby!" she talks into the crook of my neck tightening the hug.

"Alright ! Enough now, you gonna suffocate me!" I chuckle disentangling her from my waist as I push her gently.

We end up sitting there for the next two hours chatting on random stories and laughing our asses out. At 5:30 p.m Cam's driver pulls up at our lawn and they leave. Cam is the only kid in their family and her parents are always on business trips leaving her with her nanny. Tif on the other hand has a bigger brother and she stays with her mother and her stepdad . Her father died when she was an year old and her mother remarried four years later. Talking about Tif, if she knows that we had some girl time with Cam leaving her out she'll kill us for sure.

I walk into the house and I find Lodzin watching a movie, I join him after greeting Na'zila. Am bored even before the movie is a quarter way, I move upstairs and goes straight into my room.

I take a look on my phone , I see a message notification on the screen.

Unknown: Hello beautiful, Feisty girl😋

Who's this calling me feisty now, wait and beautiful too? I text back immediately.

Me:who are you???

Ding! A message pops on the screen seconds later.

Unknown: saying a hello back won't bite you know😛

I'm pissed off already. I jump into the bed assuming the message. A thirty minute nap won't sound bad, so I take it before I'm woken up by a screaming Lodzin on my door.

"What is it Lodzin?" I ask pissed off at him for disturbing my beauty sleep.

"Supper is ready!" He's still shouting. Ugh this kid.

"Okay I'll join you shortly, give me a minute." He leaves shouting on his way downstairs singing a I don't know which type of song his voice high pitched it may mess your ears.

"She has said she'll join us shortly that you should give her a minute!" Oh Lord this kid.

I join them, takes my supper, then goes back upstairs and takes a quick shower. I change into my pyjamas and jumps into the bed picking my phone from the table beside my bed. Once again, I see a message on the screen.

Unknown: Goodnight beautiful feisty. Sleep tight 😘.

Ugh this person! I'm exhausted already, I shut the screen as I drop it in my drawer after setting my alarm for tomorrow. I then let sleep take over and soon I'm in dreamland.

I love you guys😍
Remember to vote and comment 😜