29. Childhood friend

I greet Bruce first once am out and turn to greet Cassandra. Oh my God, she has the same colour of eyes as Ballice, even the same smile. Ballice calls her Cassandra which means she's not her mother, is there any possibility she's his relative?

"I'm so happy to finally meet you Tleigh, Bruce and Lodzin never stops talking about you when they're at our place, you're so beautiful my dear and you're so grown." She says excitedly as she smiles widely her eyes crinkling at the edges just like Ballice.

I'm so grown? Does she know me? I assume as I hug her smiling at Ballice who is behind her watching us and he literally winks at me making me pull out of the hug gently. I'm fucking blushing already. Shit shit shit.

"You're beautiful too, I've heard so much about you too from Auntie Zila, Lodzin and even..." I look at Ballice who's smiling at me like a loon and I move my eyes back to her immediately, "uhmm yeah from those two." I say giving her the sweetest smile I can offer.

"Is that so dear? I hope they were all good things you heard." She says chuckling lightly as she moves towards dad and Na'zila to greet them too.

"Of course." I say turning to Bally who has spread his hands out to hug me. Oh no this is stupid.

"Bally no!" I whisper warningly swatting his hands and I bite my lower lip as I shake my head profusely. He then drops his hands letting them hang carelessly curling his lips like a kid. I move closer and stand on my toes then pinch his cheeks lightly making him grin widely. "You wouldn't want them to think ill of us, will you?" I raise a brow and he lets out a silent laughter covering his mouth with his palms.

"You're something else princess, it's just a hug besides, you've never even hugged me." He pouts.

"Just a hug? Okay I will hug you when they're not around us. " I cross my arms over my chest as I watch his eyes glow obviously amused by what I've just said.

"Promise kellane!" He chirps and I shush him looking back to see if they've seen that. But everybody is busy talking. Dad is talking with the kids while Cassandra and Zila are laughing at something.

"If only you'll change for the better jerk." I state giving him a stern look.

"I changed long time ago, the immediate time you left our place princess, c'mon. " His voice literally begs making a smile burst off my face.

"Okay, if you say so, now let's go." I start moving towards Dad and the kids as he follows me closely.

"Let's go kids, Tleigh so this is Ballice right?" Oh Dad, you're making it seem like I've already introduced him to you without his consent. I look back at Bally who's a little surprised,you can see it through his facial .

"Yeah, Ballice this is my Dad, Mr Smith." I say looking back at Dad and I give him a light smile.

"Hello Mr Smith, nice to meet you." Ballice says stretching his hand out for Dad to shake.

"I know you Ballice, you're Kenneth's son right?" He asks him and Ballice looks more than apalled.

" Do you know him sir?" He asks and my dad just gives a nod smiling.

"Of course, we schooled together in high school and we used to work with him together before he started his own company in New York and expanded it."

"Is that so dad?" I ask shock evident on my face.

"Yeah sure, when your mom was eight months pregnant of you, we went to see him." He says mouth pointing Bally. " He was sick and he was an year old." I can't believe my parents knew Bally's parents too, this is getting even more complicated. I look at Bally shrugging my shoulders and he frowns moving his eyes back to my Dad.

"When she was born did you ever came to our place again?" Bally asks looking a little nervous, I can read his face very well.

"Oh yeah we did, when your mom left, I'm sorry I..." My dad stops looking at Bally worriedly.

"It's okay just don't mind, I'm over it go on." He says assuredly and my Dad nods lightly continuing.

"You were three by then, so we came to see you, we wanted to take you home with us but your Dad couldn't allow that, so he asked us instead to look for someone who we trust and who can take care of you. Zila told me that she had a sister who can take care of you, so that's when Cassandra came into your life. " He looks at him and for a moment I see a flash of emotion in Ballice's eyes, more of a glint, sparkle?

"Thanks for bringing her into my life." He says looking at Cassandra who is leaning on his car busy talking with Zila. "She's been more of a mother to me." He turns his face down.

"I know that son."

Son again?

I look at Bally and he's just as surprised as me.

"Yeah I was your godfather when you were born, you're my godson. By the way Tleigh was your playmate when she was four, you were five years old then. But it didn't take long before you left Hudson for Manhattan. Since then we lost contact but we do communicate with your father sometimes."  He pats Ballice's shoulder smiling and I think tears are blinding my vision. Ballice looks almost appalled.

"So she was my friend?" His voice croaks out, dad nods at him smiling.

"But we used to come to your place during the holidays only. Sometimes Cassandra would bring you to our place during the weekends when she visited us." He added.

"Hey let's get in, we're going to miss a lot if we'll keep standing here for long." Cassandra points out walking towards us and we all start moving to the fairground as my head jumbles with thoughts of the younger version of I and Ballice playing.

I can't believe Ballice was my childhood friend. I lag beside him feeling all the emotions inside me bottling up.

I know this is short 😂...
Will make up for it