Part 77

The next morning when Tae woke up, he found himself alone in an unfamiliar room. He blinked his eyes and sat up on the bed. As he was sitting up he felt a tug in his left hand and noticed the IV drip attached to it. He immediately turned his head and started looking around the room, it was a medium sized room with white walls and ceiling, there were two windows in the room, you can see the corridor outside from one window and from the other you can see the outside of the hospital. He looked down at himself and saw that he was wearing a hospital dress. It finally dawned on him that he is in hospital. 

"Why am I here?" He thought puzzled finding himself there "what happened? How did I reach here? I was at home wasn't I?" He kept thinking "I was at our home, waiting for Kookie. Then, then there was that news" suddenly his eyes widened. "The news, that plane, Kookie my Kookie, they said my Kookie…" tears started pouring down his cheeks as he finally remembered the happenings of the previous day "but, Kookie came back, didn't he? He came back, he hugged me, I told him that I love him, didn't I? We kissed too, then why isn't he here?" He asked himself and restlessly looked around the room in search of his husband, but there was no sign of the said man. 

Suddenly a thought came to his mind "did I, did I hallucinate? Was it all my imagination? Did my brain make all that up? Did my Kookie not return to me? Is he really, really gone?" He couldn't think anymore. 

"K..Kookie" a sob escaped from his lips as he hurriedly tried to get down from the bed, to get out of the room and search for Jungkook. But as soon as he put his feet on the floor he stumbled and fell on the hard floor because of weakness. The IV needle that was attached to his hand got pulled out and his hand started bleeding. But he didn't even flinch, all he wanted to do was get out of the room and search for his Kookie. He tried to get up but again fell down, this time on his knees hurting them in the process. Try he might, he couldn't just get up that much weak he has become. He covered his face with his hands and started crying hysterically, feeling helpless that he wasn't even able to get up and look for his Kookie. He felt devastated thinking that what he saw last night, Jungkook coming back to him, was nothing but an illusion created by his weak mind. He kept crying sitting in the same position without caring for his hurt knees or bleeding hand. 

Jungkook had woken up quite early, actually he hardly slept the previous night. He had kept hugging Tae close to himself for the whole night so that the boy could sleep. He had rubbed his back and time and again whispered sweet words in Tae's ears to assure him about his presence. Early in the morning he really needed to use the washroom but still he was unwilling to leave Tae alone on the bed and go to the washroom. But eventually he had to go. He had thought that Tae was in deep sleep and wouldn't wake up that early. So he decided to go to the washroom and come back real quick even before Tae could notice his absence. 

"I will just be back baby, please don't wake up already" he whispered into Tae's ear, placed a kiss on his temple and left the bed. 

Jungkook's eyes widened in horror and shock as he came out of the washroom. The sight before him was heartbreaking. He found Tae kneeling near the bed, covering his face in his hands and crying, blood was dripping down his left hand. 

"Baby!" Jungkook called in a pained voice and rushed to the crying male. He knelt before Tae and gently pried his hands off his face "baby, what happened?" He asked. 

As Tae heard the familiar voice of his husband and felt his familiar touch on his hands, he finally opened his eyes and stared at his most favorite face in the world with tear filled eyes. 

Jungkook's heart clenched seeing his Angel's red teary eyes and tear stained face. 

"K..Kookie" Tae said in a shaking voice.