Part 56

Jungkook glanced at the boy sitting beside him. Tae is clutching the bucket of purple roses close to his heart, as if drawing some solace from it.

They are currently in Jungkook's car, going back home. Tae hadn't said a single word from the time they left Kim Mansion, he just sat there hugging the roses, his face blank.

Jungkook felt worried seeing the younger boy like that. He time and again kept glancing at the boy to see if there is any reaction from him but he found none and he isn't liking it even a bit. He knows it's nothing good when Tae goes all silent, his face and eyes blank. It scares Jungkook, he would rather have the younger boy cry his eyes out than seeing him like this, all silent, devoid of any emotions.

Jungkook hates it when Tae cries but he hates it even more when Tae doesn't show any emotion and keeps suffering alone, silently. He wants to talk to him, but Jungkook knows it's not the right time or place. But he is determined once they reach home, he's going to talk to the younger, no matter what it takes he is going to bring Tae back from his blank state, he promised to himself.

They reached the parking of their building. Jungkook parked his car and got out of it. Before could go and open the passenger door, Tae himself opened it and got down, he started walking towards the lift as if in a trance, the flower bouquet still in his hand. Jungkook looked anxiously at the boy walking in trance and followed him.

Once inside their apartment, Tae placed the bouquet carefully on the table and started walking to his room, not bothering about the other guy in the room.

"Tae?" Jungkook called him but no reaction, the younger kept walking.

"Tae, baby please" Jungkook desperately called him again but still Tae didn't react, it's like he can't even hear what the other guy is saying.

Jungkook couldn't take it anymore, there is no way he is letting Tae go without talking. He would be damned if he didn't do anything to bring Tae back from his trance.

So he went and back hugged Tae tightly, his hands wrapped around the younger's upper body, caging him in his arms, not letting him go.

"Please baby, please don't do this" he whispered in the younger boy's ear, voice pleading "please say something, anything, don't just stay silent. Please talk to me, I can't see you like this. It hurts to see you like this, so silent, so blank. I can't bear it." He buried his face in the younger's neck.

Tae still didn't say anything but Jungkook felt it, hot tear drops falling on his hands that were wrapped around the younger boy and then he hard sniffles that eventually turned into sobs.

Jungkook lifted his face from the younger's neck and gently turned the boy in his arms, facing him. Tae was sobbing hard by then.

Jungkook cupped his left cheek in his right hand and locked his eyes with the younger's teary ones "baby" he said in a pained voice.

"K..kookie, Eomma, E..eomma hates me, he h..hates me now Kookie" Tae cried out.

What an irony there Jin is thinking his son hates him now and here Tae is thinking his Eomma hates him. But the truth is they both love each way too much.

"No baby, it's not like that, Eomma doesn't hate you" Jungkook told the crying male.

"No no no you don't know Kookie, he hates me" Tae shook his head stubbornly, still crying "he shouted on me, he called me Kim Taehyung. He, he was going to slap me, he never raised his hand on me but today he did. I'm sure he hates me now, that's why." Tears flowed like river from his eyes.