39. Don't you dare.

Start from the beginning

"Don't you dare question my mother's nurturing skills! She did what she thought was best for me and FYI she was the best mom in the world, the one you never had!" Ouch, " What gives you the right to say my mother is not woman enough? Was your own woman enough when she left you at three for another man? If my mother wasn't woman enough I won't be here right now, I won't be the Tleigh I am today. She moulded me into the person I am, not only did she taught me all the house chores, but life principles and personality traits. She never taught me to judge people as you! Actually my back is aching because I slept in one position the whole night. Don't ever princess me again, delete that illusion off your head! I hate you bastard!" She bawls.

Well, didn't see this coming. The way rage has dripped off her mouth and the way her face turned red is astounding. Every one has their gazes on her in shock.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, infact I was joking." I finally find my words after my mouth hanged open for what felt like hours.

"Joking? To hell with your jokes! Joke on how my ass is weighing me down but not my mother!" All I see is a grimace of hate and rage replacing her earlier soft features.

"Joke about what Tee baby?" Tiffany tries to lighten the mood by chuckling from the edge of the pool but a glare she's offered is enough and she shuts up her mouth immediately.

"It's not funny, infact I think my day is over, thanks guys! I had a lot of fun." She stands up and starts prowling towards Bruce and Lodzin who are playing with the shells at a distance.

I follow her and takes one of her hands in mine pulling her gently. " Please don't leave yet kellane, I'm really really sorry, the last thing I wanted is to make you mad." She pulls away her hand from mine and another slap falls on my left cheek now. She's looking so malicious.

"Follow me again and see, I despise you! And I'll never even bring myself to like someone like you! You think all the women are the same as your mom? You're wrong and please go back to others and enjoy your day." Oh God this girl is a slapping terrorist. My cheeks are burning as shit! She seizes me up down and Snickers. She then stomps off leaving me standing there flabbergasted.

I watch her flounce towards Lodzin and I see her telling him something which makes him frown. I see him begging with his eyes and hands but what she simply does is pick him up and they walk towards her bike. She gives her a shirt and shoes from her bag and she throws a dress over her head on top of the bikini and then she slides into her flip flops. She hops onto the bike and she helps lodzin join her. Lodzin looks back at Bruce who's almost crying and he waves at him painfully. She starts her motorbike and they zoom off leaving us there gaping.

That was uncalled for.

I move back to our squad and they're all giving me sympathetic looks.

"What?" I snap at them.

"You shouldn't have talked about her mother, that's the topic she hates the most, she has never talked about her and we've never questioned her about her mom because we know better than to ask." Camille says her eyes looking sad.

" But why?" I frown at her and Tiffany clears her throat. She's now sitting where Kellane was seated.

"Her mother died when she was a freshman, those are the darkest days of her life. It took them a long time to get over her, she was hurting the whole year of freshman and sophomore and even now. But atleast I can say she's okay now. At our sophomore year we did everything we can to help her move on. We could go to her home every weekend for sleepover, we tried making her jovial but it never worked. After her brother Lodzin got better, that's when she was free I think. She started making jokes again, she could laugh like before and I can't tell you how much happier we were. Since then we've been supportive, we're always together and that's why we're bitchy, nobody dares provoke us because he/she will dance to the tune. Above all, that's why she's Feisty but she's not always like that, she's soft mostly but you should know better that, there is a layer of anger, pain, agony and rage beneath that soft one. More reason to why you have to choose your words. She's so sensitive about her mother's topic." Tiffany closes her long speech with a slight simper, more of a forced one.

"She never told me that." My voice comes out as a whisper.

"She never talks about her." Camille says.

"I get it now." I nod my head jumbling with thoughts. I wish I knew. My chest tightens at the thought of how miserable she was. I want to take that hurt away from her heart but I know I can't because we're sharing almost the same pain. I can't tell that I've moved on from what my mom did and how miserable my childhood life was.

Let her not hate me please.

Her soul belongs to the city
Where kids don’t get old
And flowers never die.
Where hearts are never sold
And women no longer cry.
A place that never exists is where she belongs.

But I hope she'll be able to forgive me, I was just oblivious to the fact that she's motherless because she never seemed like she was.

"Guys I'm leaving you now, I feel so exhausted." I say standing up as I shove my hands into my short pockets to check for my car keys.

"Day well spent, I'm leaving too." Nard adds.

"Okay let's all leave then, nobody is going to be left here, I don't like seeing my Barbie doll all riled up." Morgan lours as he stands up too. " You just touched the wounds that were almost healing man." He says patting my back. That makes my chest constrict even further. "But  don't worry, she'll come around."

" What a happy ending for a day!"  Tiffany shakes her head as she patters towards her car.

And that's how our day ends at around 3 p.m. I messed everything!

Tbc