Things Go Wrong Pt 2

Chapter Nineteen- Things Go Wrong Pt 2

Nicole waits for him to say something. "Spit it out Tyler! What about them?"

"Look, I just-wait is your aunt here?"

"No she left. Now back to my dad and Brian. What did you have to tell me?"

Tyler shakes his head, trying to figure out the words. "Listen when I was talking business with one of the guys I know down at the racing spot. I overheard one of the men there that runs with Campos talking about two people setting themselves up to be killed by trying to sneak into Braga's cartel." Nicole's eyes widened. "I didn't need to ask him for names to know who he's talking about. Nobody else is stupid or bold enough to go undercover in that cartel."

"Wait a second if Braga knows who they are, that means so does Campos." Nicole started to think more into it. "Does Campos know who my father is and who I am?"

"I-"

"Did he know who my mom was this entire time to and played stupid?"

"Probably." Tyler didn't know what to say anymore.

"No, no." Nicole paces the floor as her nerves start to unravel.

"I don't know, maybe not." Tyler says. "I just know that your dad and Brian are walking into a bad situation."

Nicole stops pacing to go over to him. "What are they going to do if they know?"

Tyler looks down. "Nicole."

"Tell me." She grabs his jacket with pleading eyes. "Please. What are they going to do?"

He looked at her for a second before sighing. "They would probably have to deal with Feinx and the rest of Braga's main men. I only did a couple of solo jobs but I know for a fact that's damn near suicide. If I'm assuming right that is probably what happened to your mom. Campos had to know the minute that she went undercover and just played a long."

Nicole eyes narrow before something hit her, as her gaze slowly traveling back to Tyler. "Feinx."

Tyler brow raises. "What about him?"

"He is the one that does those drop offs isn't he?" Nicole asks.

"Yeah,"

"That means he was probably the one who did it." Nicole had a gut feeling and it was steering her wrong, she knew it. "The way he kept looking at me.....even after she died. He knows who I am, I bet he recognized me."

Tyler shakes his head. "You don't know that it was him who killed her, Nicole. It could have been any of those guys."

"But if it was anyone to kill her it would have been him. Am I wrong?" Tyler could only look away. "M-My dad was right...." She whispers to herself as her heart felt like it continued to drop.

"I should have never taken you around any of them." Tyler runs a hand down his face.

His words didn't reach her, reality had a hold of her and it wasn't letting go. Nicole's hand trembles with the thoughts of losing Dom again.

Shaking her head, she turns around. "I gotta find my dad and Brian."

Tyler brows pulled. "What?"

Nicole heads for the steps. "I said I'm going to find my dad or Brian before they go out there."

"Nicole they are probably gone by now." Tyler looks at her like she lost it. "Once they get the cargo they ship them out. When the GPS calls, that is it. They'll be over the border before we reach them."