A Family Broken Pt 1

Chapter Eighty

Chapter Eighty

Nicole sat at the counter, holding her cup of tea in both hands.

Her gray shirt hanging off her shoulders as she wore a pair of ripped jeans and boots.

This natural curls parted in the center as she had some of her hair pulled forward.

Sitting her cup down, she looks at the bracelet on her wrist. The one Tyler gave to her.

A smile only lasted brief before the reality of last night hit her.

The positive test that she immediately threw away.

Nicole picked up her phone, she scrolled until she saw Dom's number. Biting her lip—she saw her mothers contact underneath. All she wanted to do is call them both, or just her mother. She had a chance with Letty understanding but her father....he would be upset from the minute she parted her lips to say it.

The thought of it made her hit the home screen and slap the phone down. Running a hand through her hair, she grips it with a deep sigh.

An urge to cry becoming overwhelming—she held most of it back but it didn't stop a stray tear from falling. Closing her eyes, she wished the inner pain away.

This wasn't something she could run away from, no matter how bad she wanted to.

Hearing footsteps, Nicole lifted her head and was quick to wipe away any tears.

"God, I need food." Xander walks in; dressed for work. "Morning,"

"Good morning," Nicole drops her hand on the table.

Xander looks back, brow raised. "That was more mean than your usual good mornings," He walks over to the counter. Nicole rolls her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Bull crap, lie to someone else." He throws back. "I can already tell you've been crying half the night. You look terrible."

"Shut up," Nicole spat.

"As soon as you tell me what's going on," Xander nods. "Unless you rather me resort to my drastic measures."

"Xander I'm not up for an argument."

"Number two reason how I know something is up."

Nicole looks down at her hands, fighting the urge to cry in front of him. "It's nothing." Her sad eyes finally gaze back into his. "Okay?" She shakes her head, averting her eyes from his. "Just leave it be..."

Xander gaze softens as he walks around to her, picking up a napkin on his way--he uses it to wipe the stray tears away.

"You never cry for just nothing, love." Xander says, Nicole eyes flicker up to him. "Whatever it is, you can tell me. Thought you knew by now that you won't be getting rid of me."