Yes or No Pt 2

Chapter 125

Chapter 125

Nicole looked up from resting her chin on her knees.

"Did Tyler call you?"

"He asked if I was with you, yeah." Letty leaned up from the frame. "I told him no, and that I didn't have the slightest idea." She sat next to her and rested back on the wall.

"So you lied?"

"For you?" Letty nods her head, lips pressed together. "Of course." Nicole smiles and rests her chin on her knees. "Why are you here?"

"I don't know." Nicole admits. "Feels safe to me I guess."

Letty eyes her. "There a reason you don't feel safe?"

"Is it possible to say because of myself?"

"I would say so, yes."

"I feel like I'm going to mess up something." Nicole says, fingers playing with fabric of her jeans. "You know when it came out that he proposed before he left?"

"Sending your dad into a panic attack by the way."

"Hey, you all had fun in the sun in the D.R. with a wedding."

"Touché." Letty chuckles. "But what about it?"

"Before he left, I did say yes."

"And now?"

"Now," Nicole scoffs under her breath. "Now I'm still that scared girl he met years ago that was afraid to be with him. Aside from the way he asked me, I just really didn't have it in me to give him an honest answer. So I didn't."

Letty smiles at the resemblance that she shared with someone. "You know, your dad and you have the same reflexes." Nicole raised a brow. "So much love and you both run from it before you can face it. I get it though, it's scary huh?" Nicole nods looking down. "Having a family, and having someone you know would risk everything for you, because you think you'll loose him again. Trust me," Letty smirks making Nicole look up out the corner of her eye. "I know. Now I don't run as much as your dad but I agree it can be really scary. Especially for someone who has been through what you have."

"I don't want that to always be my reason."

Letty smiles, she holds her own legs. "But it's true." Nicole hated to admit it but her mother was right.

"You know he called me 'The mother of his child' today." Nicole says. Letty sighs with a nod. "I guess in his head it didn't sound to be bad but to me."