Family BBQ

Chapter Three- Family BBQ

A couple of days passed since the party incident. The team was working in the garage.

Letty came from out of the back and went over to her car that she was working on, she noticed Nicole wasn't there anymore and looks around. Her eyes stopped scanning when she saw Nicole and Dom together. He was on the other side of the room working on a car, occasionally pointing at stuff under the hood and talking back to Nicole.

Letty smiles at how interested Nicole was learning from Dom and how happy he looked teaching her.  She knew Dom was steadily trying to be a better father but Letty saw from how her daughter looked up to him that he already was a great dad in Nicole's eyes. Even though it often looked like Nicole clung to her more or both of them evenly, their daughter was for sure a daddy's girl and had been since she was a baby.

Dom leans up from the car, he rummages on the cart, looking for another tool.  Nicole spun on the stool next to it making him glance up. "Your gonna get dizzy." He tells her.

"Nah-uh." Nicole shakes her head and does another quick spin. Her hair was pulled up in a pretty messy bun, she wore gray shorts, a black tank top with white stars, and a pair of black tennis.

"Alright, hard head." He nods his head over to the black carrier. "Go get me the other tool box over there, please."

"Okay!" Nicole stops spinning and jumps down, she stumbles to the side from the room still spinning. "Ohh-whoa."

Dom smirks. "Wasn't gonna get dizzy right?"

Nicole giggles. "I like it, feels weird."

"You're so silly," Dom shakes his head. "Tool box, short stuff."

Nicole stumbles off giggling at the room still going, Dom smiles back at her and had to bite back his laugh when she bumped into Leon's leg.

"Be careful midget." Leon steadied her out by the top of her head with his hand.

Nicole got herself together, she got to the tool box and tried to pick it up but it wouldn't budge for her when she went to move. This made her pout, she got behind it and gets a good grip as she starts pushing it across the floor to the other side of the room.

Leon saw this, he stops her and goes to grab it. "You gonna hurt yourself, let me see that."

"Noo!" Nicole rapidly slaps his hands with a windmill.

Leon quickly put his hands up in defense. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

Vince laughed. "Better stop, Leon." Jesse chuckled. "If she hits like Letty it's over for you." Letty walks past hitting him with the rag. "See. Violent."

Nicole stops her assault.

"I just wanted to help." Leon says. "You looked like you were struggling."

"So? I can do it by myself." Nicole gets back into position and starts pushing it again.

Letty smirks and shakes her head at her own stubbornness showing right through her own child at her age. If it was one thing that a Toretto and Ortiz had in common, it was a stubborn attitude and always wanting to do it on their own. It was puzzling sometimes how her and Dom became so close even as kids, their attitudes were so alike but she did have to say that Dom was a little more stubborn than she was.

Nicole brought the box of tools over by her father and opened it up for him.

"Look at you, being strong just like a Toretto." Dom walks over and picks it up, he ruffled her hair.