Consequences Of Family

Chapter Ninety-Five

Chapter Ninety-Five

The team sat at the table inside of the base. Trying to piece together everything that happened.

A black jeep pulled inside.

Nicole got out slow, holding her arm that had got bandaged up by the medics from a graze.

Hair pulled back in a low pony tail, she had her jacket wrapped around her waist as she walked towards the table.

Letty looks up from her spot on the steps. The cold gaze of hers fading when she spotted Nicole.

"Thank, God." Letty lifts from the steps, walking in a rush towards her.

Nicole hugged her mother in relief. "I'm sorry,"

Letty shakes her head, pulling back. "Are you okay?" She lightly lifts the bandaged arm.

Nicole nods. "I'm alright, it's just a graze. Nothing bad."

Letty tucks Nicole's hair back. "I don't know who's going to send me in a early grave first. You or your father. I thought I told you to stay with me, Nicole."

"I didn't want to not do anything. I thought if I could just get one of them, I could find out what's going on." Nicole head shakes. "I walked right into a setup. The building caught on fire, and I was trapped inside." Letty eyes soften as she squeezes Nicole hands gently. Flashbacks from earlier made a few tears slide out. "I-I thought I saw, Tyler."

"Nicole, he's-"

"I know." Nicole nods, tears falling off her chin. "I know he is." Letty sighs and hugs her tight. "Did you at least find dad?"

"Yeah, yeah I did." The hurt in her voice making Nicole squeeze her mother tight. "I couldn't get him."

Nicole nods in understanding.

Pulling back from her mother, she was met with a comforting hug by Roman, followed by Tej.

"What did we say about trying to be the lone ranger, like Dom?" Tej asks her.