Chasing Nicole

Chapter Thirty Five

Getting off the bike, Nicole ran a hand through her hair.

"Hey," Xander grabs her arm. "Wait-"

"What?" Nicole snatches back.

"Who was that?" Nicole looked off but Xander got back in her view. "Nicole," her teary eyes steer back to him. "Why didn't you take him out?"

"I threw the knife, Xander."

"You had a clear shot and you went lower on purpose, I know you did." Xander says to Nicole head shake. "Talk to me."

"I can't-"

"Yes, you can." Xander turns her chin gently. "Who was that?"

"It was, Tyler."

"Tyler?" Xander brows pull. "Your friend from Los Angeles...."

"Yeah,"

"What is he do-"

"I don't know," Nicole's hush whisper as she tries to pull herself together. "And your talking about me, why didn't you shoot him?"

"You threw a knife in his leg."

"Because I knew you were going to shoot him but," Nicole head tilts as she steps back from him a bit. "Why did you hesitate?"

"I was worried about you."

"That's b.s and you know it." Nicole glares. "Xander. Why?"

"He looks like someone."

"Like who,"

"......Your friend looks like a younger version of my dad."

Nicole eyes widened. "Wh-no," her eyes fall into slits. "Tyler looks like your dad? My Tyler?"

"Yes he does, a splitting image." Xander nods, his gaze falling to the floor. "The place I was going to, to look for my brother was Los Angeles." Nicole eyes him, her shock still present as she tried to take in the possibility. "What's Tyler's full name?"

"It's Tyler Mikael-" Nicole stops when she remembered the name Xander told her. "Mikaelson.....you think?"

"I don't know."

"Tyler never said anything about other family. He only had Gia and his grandparents." Nicole take a minute. "But I know there are some things that he wouldn't tell me, told me to never look at him different but never said why. Xander I-"

"Don't worry about it." Xander moves around her.

"No," It was Nicole's turn to reach for him. "No, I'm going to worry about it." Xander looks back to her. "If you think he is, it doesn't matter what I think. You deserve to find out."

"What about you?"

"I don't know why he is here or who is here with. I can't-" Taking a minute, Nicole shakes her head. "I can't face him right now or have Owen find out who he is to me. I won't do that to him. You might have not done it for your reasons, and I won't ever do it, but everyone else will kill him in a minute."

"Nicole-"

"No." Nicole stern voice stops him. "I am not giving Owen anymore leverage against me. My mother is enough. You do what you need to do, Xander but I can't go near him, I can't."

"Alright," Xander gives in.

Owen would do anything to keep her here and Xander knew that. Even if that meant using something else besides, Letty to get to her.

"How did he find you?"

"I don't know but I bet Owen will know who else is with him and why."

"Not a conversation I'm ready for," Xander runs a hand down his face. "This is a mess."