Times Have Changed

Chapter Fifty-Two

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chapter Fifty-Two

A year later....

Nicole pulls her tank top over her head as she heads down the steps.
Dressed in a pair of jean shorts, her wild curls pinned up in a pony tail—two curled strands hang out by her face.

The laughing in the kitchen echoed as she walked in.

"Look who's up." Brian nods to her.

"Why do I have to be up at 7.AM," Nicole groans sitting at the island center. "It's a saturday."

"Should have thought about that before you snuck out." Letty says seated across from her.

"I said I was sorry." Nicole head falls on the table.

"And we said, save it." Dom walks in. "Third street race in a week."

Nicole head pops up. "The second one doesn't even count. I told you I was just stopping by."

Mia raises a brow. "So you didn't race one car?"

"Nope." Nicole pouts. Letty's glare hardened. "Okay, okay, yes!" Her hands go up in defense. "The last one really shouldn't count--I was there for five minutes before dad showed up. Which was very embarassing."

Dom smirks. "If you listened. It wouldn't be."

"Come on, you all didn't get treated like this when you went. Why am I the bad person?"

"Maybe because we told you, not to go." Dom shrugs. "At least until your old enough."

"Eighteen is two years away." Nicole reminds him.

"That's good timing." Brian nods. "Really a year and a half for you, considering your birthday."

Nicole eyes go into slits. "Not helping."

"Well, helping or not." Letty gets up. "Punishment is punishment."

"Fine. I'll get my stuff ready to go to the shop."

"Nah-uh." Letty palms Nicole's shoulder to sit back down. "You are staying home today."

"Wait-what?" Nicole looks between them. "You can't be serious."

"Well you don't have anger management until Monday, so your schedule is pretty free."

Nicole rolls her eyes. "That whole class is stupid. It's almost been a year."

"That's when your sentence for it is up." Brian nods. "That's what happens when you break a person's arm."

"Rose deserved it." Nicole tells him.

"Yeah well, the only reason they really didn't sue is because she would have to explain what she was doing at an illegal street race herself. So I worked out a deal." Brian picks up Jack from his chair. "Your welcome by the way."