Backfired

Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One

Owen walks up to everyone waiting.

"Alright. We get into our teams, Nicole you head over to the location I sent you. Watch from afar and be sure Adolphson gets into the base as planned. Vegh and Klaus will meet you when they are done."
He looks to the others. "Letty and Jah, your with me and Delinger."

Letty leans off her car. "Since when is that the plan?"

"Since Hobbs started getting closer." Owen tells her, both of them face to face. "You still have a job to do. So does she. That was our deal." His eyes go over her shoulder to Nicole. "Not unless you want to break it."

Letty glares getting in his sight, blocking his vision of Nicole.

"Deal is a deal." Letty tells him. "But she stays out of this."

"Which is why I'm giving her side work and not ground work. Like you asked me,"

Letty backs up and rolls her eyes as she goes over to Nicole. She pulls her over by the truck in waiting.

"I should have known he would split us up."

"At least I don't have to worry about being shot at on this one." Nicole takes out her phone. No text from Hobbs or anything. "Something isn't right."

"What do you mean?"

"Hobbs was supposed to text me by now."

Nicole opens the back and notices how fresh it was. Her brows pulled together. "No," her whisper low as she started looking the phone over.

"Nicole, what's wrong?"

"This isn't my phone." Nicole looks up. "Owen must have switched my phone in the car."

"He knew they were tracking you." Letty takes a slight look over her shoulder. "I wonder when,"

"Had to be when we were close. So Hobbs will find this location, but we'll be gone."

Nicole eyes roam where they were. "No we don't ever miss," they stop on the paint used and looks around. Getting a slight idea, Nicole looks back to Letty. "We just need to improvise."

"With what?" Letty takes a good. "Everything is put up."

"Not everything. Cover me for a second."

Letty blocked when Nicole moved as she did quick to snatch up the half empty small paint can.

"Have to make this look like a leak.

Letty hands go to her hip. "Want to let me in on this trick your doing."

"Improvising." Nicole opens it carefully, she looks to her mother. "He annoys me, but—Hobbs is a good cop. If I can leave anyone a little clue about where Owen will be going, he will find it."