Love Doesn't Die With Time Pt 2

Chapter Fifty-Four

Chapter Fifty-Four

Dr. Reese walked Nicole out of the office.

"So, three rules we are going to remember." She stops, turning to her. "It's okay to not be okay."

"Don't apologize for how I feel." Nicole takes a deep breath. "Learn to live for me and not others around me."

"That's it." A hand up as she fives her. "Watch how much it becomes so natural to you."

Brian walks inside.

"There's your ride."

"Thanks for coming to get me." Nicole walks over.

"Now you know I would." Brian smiles, he nods to the door. "Car is unlocked."

"Alright, see you tomorrow Dr. Reese." Nicole waves back to her.

"4pm Nicole, and don't forget your little assignment I gave you."

Nicole waves the journal. "I won't."

Brian watches Nicole leave and looks back to her. "Okay. I need to know how the hell you did it?"

"How I did what?" Dr. Reese blinks.

"How you got her in here, Mariana."

"Brian I have been doing my job for thirty years now, I have my ways." She smiles. "One. I don't bull shit."

"That I know."

"Two. When you told me what happened when you all mentioned coming to me, I backed off and gave her time. Then I read over her file, Hailey Shaw's file. All the reports I could. Until I realized one thing."

"Which is?"

"To get Nicole, you got to outsmart her sometimes." Mariana shrugs. "But do it without betraying her trust in the process. Nicole just needed a reason to randomly come here, and I gave it to her."

Brian eyes fall to slits. "Wait, those papers were faxed to me by-"

"My house printer." Mariana nods. "All fake and before you ask, I can't tell you the legal person who made them for me. Just know it worked."

Brian looked at her a bit in shock. "You did this."

"You looked desperate to get her help." She smiles. "And I never seen a girl that wanted it more but that pain is a hell of a thing to fight. I gave her a reason to get here, but it was all up to me to show her why she needed to stay."

"Damn." Brian nods. "You are good."

"Thank you," Mariana smirks. "Now if you will excuse me, I am ready to go home."

"Thank you for this."

Mariana lazily waves back. "Welcome."

Taking the drive back to the house, Brian noticed Nicole off in her own world writing in the journal. He never thought Mariana would be so smart into playing Nicole to finally walk in the office but it worked. Nicole looked like she had been crying but it was a cry he felt like she needed.