Following The Tracks

Chapter Eighty-Six

Chapter Eighty-Six

Camilla sighs throwing her bag on the hotel couch.

It had been a few weeks since she'd been in Mexico. Just like Elena and Xander, she had come up short with tracking down Talia/Maddison or Jamie.

Even going to parts of Mexico where she shouldn't and still nothing was there. It was a dead end and she didn't know why that hurt even more.

Wanting answers to give Nicole is what she traveled for, but to go back and not being able to really tell her anything except for her child may be out there. It wasn't good enough for her.

A whole month and they had practically nothing but words passed down.

Looking to the clock, she sighs to herself and picks up her keys.

Wishing she would have grabbed food when she was out, Camilla groans in annoyance when she gets up and heads back out.

The small hotel she stayed in was pretty quiet and tucked away—something no one would really think to check or even take a second glance to.

Walking across the lot, she pulls out her phone in an attempt to text Xander. Taking a step—she bumped shoulders with another woman.

"Sorry!" Camilla apologizes as she whips around. A few things spilled out the woman's bags. "I did not mean that. I am so sorry!"

The woman bent down picking it up. "Don't worry about it," She chuckles. "I was such in a hurry to get in still checking to see if my car was locked."

Camilla picks up a pack of food and hands it to her as both women made eye contact. The woman smiles but Camilla smile turned a bit frail but did it so quick that it wasn't noticeable.

Tucking her brown hair back, the woman takes it. "Thank you so much, you didn't have to help."

Camilla stares at Jamie Mendez in her face. Features matching the exact same photo as the woman on the ID. The woman was right under her nose the entire time.