No More Running

Chapter Sixty Four

Chapter Sixty Four

Ramsey stares at the black dress and accessories, laid out on the chair. Biting her nails—her mind raced with different outcomes of what she could do, but only one thing felt right.

Turning away, she goes to the bed and finishes packing her bag. Swinging it over her shoulder, she grabs up her mini laptop and takes it with her to the door.

Dom watches her from the door

"Going somewhere?" He finally asks.

Ramsey stops, looking over her shoulder to see him standing there in his white button down and suit pants. It looked like he was in the midst of getting dressed, how did he know when to come?

"Guess your not the only one who can read people." Dom says.

Ramsey turns back. "Look it's nothing personal," she walks back into the room. "I appreciate what you guys did for me, and you seem like a decent group of, uh-" A shrug of her shoulders. "Actually I'm not entirely sure of what you really are honestly. Nicole told me something-"

"I'm sure Nicole told you we were family." Dom walks over.

"Ah," Ramsey nods. "Yes well, there's our first problem right there." Dom stands across from her; listening. "The whole family thing, just like I told Nicole, it's not really my style. I don't play well with others. Never have." Dom says nothing as he lets her continue. "In case you haven't noticed my line of work isn't a particularly social pursuit."

Dom brow raised. "But you create a device with a soul purpose of finding people. You see how that doesn't exactly line up to your words."

"Listen," Ramsey sighs. "Gods Eye was a dare to myself, to prove how good I was. I knew it was dangerous but I had to finish it. It was too brilliant, and I know I should have destroyed it but..."

"But you didn't." Dom says. "And now look where we are, look where you are." Ramsey gives a slight glare to him as she looks off briefly. "My own daughter told me something and then years later I had to tell her, I guess now it's your turn..." Ramsey brows pull together. "A person who runs from everything, sooner or later has to take a hard look at themselves." Dom head tilts, holding his hands behind his back. "See who it is they are really running from..."