Fear vs Loyalty Pt 2

Chapter 131

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Chapter 131

"Such a smart woman." Jace sat back, legs opened as he nods his drink to her. "You got my attention," his eyes sparking with a smirk. "Talk...."

The silence from Nicole made him eye her in curiosity but that gaze burning a hole through him—his body shifted.

"I said you can talk,"

"That's the same thing as telling a dog to speak and I'm not a fan of that." Nicole says to a slight smirk from Jace. "I'm not the men in your gang, or your sister. Respect takes one second."

"What makes you think I have any for you?"

He reached for the bottle, Nicole took it and placed it on the table on the other side of her. Jace hand remained open, his brow raised making her give him a blank stare.

"I can be disrespectful to you as well, but mines is going to hurt a little more. Trust me."

Jace eyes her, he sits back and motions a hand. "You have the floor."

"Not so hard. Is it?" Nicole asks, he gives a certain smile. "I want to know what the hell you want?"

"I'm not the one who put my brother through a window. That, was one of yours. I guess you never taught your people what to do in situations like those."

"They aren't my gang or my henchmen like you got around here."

"All I have here is the five men you saw sitting with me." Jace shrugged.

Nicole nods slow. "I'd believe that if I didn't see three of them at the bar staring a hole at this spot." Jace eyes shifted in a brief glance to them. "Or the ones by the exit and at the pool table." Those eyes of his land back on her confused. "The quickest way to piss me off. Don't play with my intelligence."

"You got more than most in here." Jace admits, a bit impressed. "I must didn't read your background check fully. Getting taken by Braga made you this sharp." A nod from him. "I guess him and your parents taught you well."

"You only read one background on me." Nicole tells him, a smirk from her. "This explains a lot."

"Explains what?"

"Why you and your sister are so bold,"

"Excuse me?"

"There's a reason people tell you don't believe everything you read or hear. Could be missing some pages, or people leave things out and you're missing a lot of it." Nicole sits back. "A lot more things happened after Braga."