We'll Always Be With You

Chapter 140

Chapter 140

The next morning, some of the family went down to the station to get the guy's released.

"Yeah," Roman looks at the few detectives at their desk. "and ya'll better make sure none of them got cuff marks from the clear police brutality going up in here." He says. "I should be telling the mayor. Is this who y'all are? Cause this is crazy."

Brian shakes his head, and talks back to the captain along with Tej.

"Please cut that out." Ramsey begs Roman.

"I was just saying. They better be lucky that we don't sue!" Roman calls out. This caused people in the station to look up. "Don't make no sense in here. Where is the structure?"

He seen a cop raising a brow at him and stopped. "What? Don't speak to me with you eyes." He points. "Watch your mouth."
Roman messed with the papers on his desk.

"S-Stop that," Ramsey swat him away and usher him away. "Cut that out."

"He need to do some work." Roman eyes hum. "Looking at me like that."

Captain Simmons brow raised back at Brian. "Friend of yours?"

"No," Tej answered among Brian saying "Yes."
The two sharing a look cause Tej to double take.

"What?"

Brian shakes his head.

"I want to thank you," he tells Brian. "I had no idea all of this was going on. We thought he was a good cop and following all protocols. We had no idea about this or about his daughter. How is she holding up?"

"She's safe but she won't be the same after this." Brian says. "On paper, anybody can be a good cop. You know that."

"Which is why we look for more of them like you." A nod from the older man. "We miss you around here. These are your old stomping grounds. Ever think about coming back?"

"Nah," Brian smiles a bit. "Different priorities. I was just happy I knew one good soul on the inside who they could never corrupt."

"Please." A scoff from him. "They can try their best."

Gia paced across the room.

"Nathan Walker?"A man asks the lady at the front desk.

Gia hears this and turns around to see a guy. Her brows pulling immediately at him. A splitting image of what Nathan would be once older, the only difference is his jet black hair but it truly was like staring at Nathan.