The Funeral & Little Girl No More

Chapter Thirteen- The Funeral & A Little Girl No More

"Mommy! Mommy!" A six year old Nicole pulls on her mother's arm with an excited bounce. Letty continues her conversation with Leon and Mia. "Mommy." Nicole groans grabbing her arm the hardest she could. A smirk made its way onto Letty's face as she narrows her eyes to watch Nicole pull on her arm for her attention. "Mom."

"Yes, Nicole." Letty playfully questions her. "Do you need something?" Nicole stops to glare at her with a little pout. Letty continues to smirk as her brow arched. "Did you need something?"

"I want to go outside." Nicole said.

"What part of your on punishment didn't you get?" Letty asks.

Nicole head tilts. "The punishment part."

"Nicole." Letty's voice went stern. "I said no. Maybe next time you will listen when I tell you do not ride off on your bike away from this house."

"I didn't even go that far!" Nicole pleads. Letty and her stern look didn't let up. "I said I was sorry." Nicole drops her hand from her mother and walks out of the kitchen.

Leon watches her. "Aww come on, Letty. Let the training wheels off the girl."

Letty looks back at him. "Do you want to raise her?" Leon hands went up in defense. "Exactly." She walks out of the kitchen and went into the living room to see Nicole on the floor back to coloring in her book. Letty walks over and has a seat next to her. "I'm not doing this to be mean you know."

"I know." Nicole sighs. "It's not fair though." She looks at Letty. "Uncle Leon and Jesse act more childish then me so shouldn't they not be allowed to go around the corner either?"

Letty snorts a laugh, she bites her lip to hold it back. "Uh, y-you uh, you got me on that one babygirl." Nicole pouts and goes back to her coloring. Letty smiles as she watches her. Nicole disappearing like that the other day almost gave her a heart attack, and she didn't want to get the feeling of that again any time soon.

"Hey," Letty nudges her making Nicole look up. "You can come with me to go see your dad at the shop later. K?"

Nicole smiles. "Okay!"

"Alright." Letty lays on her stomach and props herself up. "So what are we drawing over here?"

"A car coloring book daddy got me." Nicole gives her a free uncolored picture and moves her crayons over to her.

"Car coloring book?" Letty shakes her head with a slight laugh. "Your dad is making it his mission to turn you into a gear head, I swear." She starts coloring her picture but stops and glances over at Nicole's car. "Nicky really? You can't make a Charger pink."

Nicole stops. "Don't be a car races, mom."

Letty laughs. "I wasn't! I just never seen one."

Nicole giggles but stops, she looks to her mother who went back to her own work. "Mommy?"

Letty lifts her head still focused. "Hm?"

"Did I scare you yesterday?" Nicole asks her. Letty stops and looks ahead. "Daddy said it. I really am sorry if I did, I didn't mean to. I just wanted to see how fast I could get around the corner and back."

Letty smiles and turns her head to her. "I know." She rubs Nicole hair down. "Yeah, you did scare me a little bit."

"I wouldn't leave you." Nicole tells her.