87

Pj POV
Few days later.....
I got up taking Cj to school and then headed to work. Trinity been letting me keep Cj even after what happened to my uncle Dave. She just know I'm not scared to go to court.

When I walked into the building people was telling me they sorry for my lost and stuff. I got a new assistant since I fired Trinity and she pretty cool.

As soon as I sat down she brought me coffee and a bagel "Thank you Carla but I'm fine, do I have any messages" "No sir but you have a call waiting on line 2" I nodded and she exited out my office.

When Trinity worked for me she knew I didn't take calls as soon as I get into the office I like to get a feel for things before I get into work but whatever, I picked up the phone and began my conversation.

As time rolled I seen foot steps running down the hall and entered Cj and Sky. Since ion get off of work until 5 I asked her to get him for me. He busted in my office and Sky followed behind him.

"Wassup Lil Dude how was school" "It was fine dad" I looked up at Sky and then back at him "You ok with calling me dad Cj" "Yea I mean that's what mama said call you because you are my father" I just nodded at him as he was spinning around in my desk chair.

"Pj I would take him with me but I have to go see this person you only have a couple more hours anyway" "It's cool sis I got lil man, aye you good" "Yes" "I'm just saying I know how close you and unc was" "I'm okay Pj I'll see you later" she said and then she told Carter bye and then left.

Skyla POV
I had to go meet Geneva Giovanni's mom she called me the other day telling me to come by.

I walked up her steps and then she opened the door like she was expecting me or some. "Hey Ms.Geneva" "Hey baby I have something for you, I knew I was looking at you for a reason and when you told me your name I knew I heard it before"

I sat in her couch while she disappeared in the back room and coming back with an envelope. "It says Skyla on it, I found it when I went to clean Giovanni's house out about 2 years after his disappearance. I didn't know who Skyla was so I just put it away along with his other things" I grabbed the letter from her and then she spoke again

"until you showed up and I really thought hard on it that's when I realized you're the Skyla on the letter" "But Ms.Geneva I don't know of your son" "Yea but your father do, maybe he was a god daddy to you when you was a baby or something" "I doubt it the only men in my life was my dad, brother,uncles and granddaddy" I said.

I looked at the letter with "Skyla" written on the front and then I noticed Ms.Geneva looking at me. "Hey, I'm gonna go and read this alone I'll call you later Ms.Geneva" "Right, ok and sweetheart can you tell Kasen to give me a call when he can, I sholl miss him"'I nodded.

I wonder what could this be about. I looked at the letter again thinking about opening it in my car but I just put it in my purse and drove off.

Shayla POV
I was sitting next to Kasen trying to talk to him. I mean his losing Dave has been hard. I looked over at him as he blew smoke out his mouth really in his own world.

"Kasen I was talking to you" "what you say" "I said you know I'm here if you wanna talk" "Yea I know but ion need a psychiatrist, I need my wife" "Kasen I haven't been nothing but tour wife I have been trying with you, I'm not trying to counsel yo...

"Kasen I was talking to you" "what you say" "I said you know I'm here if you wanna talk" "Yea I know but ion need a psychiatrist, I need my wife" "Kasen I haven't been nothing but tour wife I have been trying with you, I'm not trying to counsel you I'm trying to be there
for you but you be pushing me away" "I MEAN DAMN SHAY WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT MY MF NIGGA IS GONE OR YOU FORGOT ABOUT THAT"

"You know I didn't forget, WE NEED TO STILL BE PARENTS WE DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH THE KIDS ESPECIALLY SKY" "They not kids they good" "Yea when was the last time you checked on them about how they feel" "FUCK SHAY I KNOW THEM, THEY DONT WANNA SIT AND TALK ABOUT THEY FEELINGS"

"Well WHAT ABOUT ME" "FUCK YOU MEAN what about you" "What about how I feel, who gone comfort me. Im here all day with nothing to do, you're either in your man cave or gone, you come home late when you leave and come to bed late when you be in your man cave, you didn't just lose you bestfriend I LOST MY BROTHER

I got up and left him sitting there. I heard him calling my name but the conversation was over with now. I grabbed my phone and called Shaydon.

"Wassup sis" "Hey can you come get me for a few" "I'm at the trap where pops or Kasen" "I'll call daddy" I said and hung up the phone. I really didn't call my dad I just went over to Mama Riley house.

I made my way up her porch and knocked on the door. "Hey Shayla" "Hey Ms.Riley" "girl I'm mama stop playing but what's going on how you doing" "I'm good I guess" "How is everybody holding up" "Fine I guess Kasen and his kids are all alike I ask but they don't care to talk about their feelings"

"So who asking you how you feel" "Literally nobody" "Well Shay you know I'm always here" I was finna say something back when her door bell rung" "Was you expecting company Mama" "Nooo" she said and she went to the door.

"Oh heyyyyy Shawn your daughter is in there" she said loud. My daddy walked in. "Hey babygirl" "Hey daddy what you doing here" "Oh um Alicia was helping me make um" "Banana Pudding" she said "Yea that" "Why you didn't get your maid to make it" "I had some of hers at the repast Saturday and told her it was good and she told me she'd be happy to make me some so here I am" he said.

"Anyways, Mama Riley remind me to talk to you about KK and her coming back to your school next year" "Have you talked to her father about that" "No but she been having problems at Pine Bluff High" "Well I'm happy to take her back she is one of the smartest in the state plus those girls a be gone next year if they didn't flunk" I nodded my head.

"Imma go" I said I kissed her and hugged my daddy and left. I really didn't wanna go back home because of Kasen so I walked on down to Dave of house to see London. I heard she was pregnant from her Instagram post and from KK but she been to herself too since Dave died and if he have a baby otw I wanna be there for it and let it know how good their daddy was.

Comment and vote guys 🖤🤎🖤✊🏾🖤🤎✊🏾🤎🖤✊🏾🤎🖤✊🏾🤎🤎✊🏾🤎✊🏾🤎🖤🤎✊🏾🤎✊🏾🖤✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾🤎🖤✊🏾🖤🖤🤎✊🏾🖤🖤🤎✊🏾✊🏾🖤✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾🖤✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤🖤🤎🖤🖤🤎🖤🤎