21

Kasely POV
We got to my uncle Dave house and him and my daddy dapped each other up and he let us in. "Uncle Dave where is London" "She went to her mom house in Texas for the weekend, how are my favorites nieces" He know Sky is his favorite ion know why he said both of us his favorite but I responded anyway, I'm good and Sky said the same thing.

"How was the wake" Dave asked my dad. I just busted in "Grandad and Pj got into it and he kicked him out" "Damn so what yo mama do" "She said a few words but she didn't say much you know how mama is trying to keep the peace she's daddies little girl and she don't want him mad at her" "It's not that KK she just letting him grieve, yo mama grieving herself Brenda was like her mama too and she can't grieve and then be there for y'all too" "well why isn't she with us right now why are we with daddy"

"Babygirl I'm just giving y'all mama some space so imma do my duties and take the kids" "Daddy but you always here when is mama ever here besides when she's off work" "Chill KK there was once a time when mama was always here she didn't start school until you where 2 years old did you know mama had a full scholarship to play basketball and when she was starting practice she blanked out because she was pregnant with you and didn't even know it" Skyla said.

"How you know Sky you was just 3" My daddy said. "Actually grandma Brenda told me she was telling me how much mama sacrificed for me and my siblings and how she wouldn't have got through anything she been through if it wasn't for daddy"

I looked at daddy and he was just listening to Sky talk. "Well your grandma Brenda was a very good woman" daddy said. I then got a text from Tre.

Tre👉🏾👈🏾🥺:How was the wake? Im finna leave my folks crib they tripping.

Me:You know drama filled and sad. What they doing?

Tre👉🏾👈🏾🥺:You know still talking about pops letting me move with Dre you know same ole same ole.... you trynna to chill I know you wanna get away.

Me:I mean I'll have to ask my daddy cause we was all supposed to do something but Sky finna go with your brother I guess I can come with you since we'll be with the family tomorrow at the funeral.

Tre👉🏾👈🏾🥺:Bet, just lmk what he say and I'll come scoop you.

I locked my phone and started back listening to the conversation Uncle Dave and Sky was having.

"Yea Sky you put make up on my face and I was so mad yo daddy was trying to take a picture of me." "See uncle Dave you never let me do that I know Sky your favorite" "Stop KK you know y'all both my lil babies ion care how grown y'all get just like y'all mama ion care how grown and married she is she still my lil sister and Kasen better know that"

"Anyways daddy can I go with Tre we probably get ice-cream or something." "I see why y'all always wanna come with me cause Y'all just wanna go with them lil boys" "Daddy it ain't even like that" "I know babygirl but look just be home before 11 I need to talk to y'all mama anyways" I nodded and texted Tre.

Me:You can come get me when you get ready

Tre👉🏾👈🏾🥺: Shit I'm On my way now send the location

Me:📍Current Location

When Tre came I kissed my daddy and uncle on the cheek and told them I loved them. "You be good princess" "I'm always good daddy" I flipped Sky off and then I left out the door.