Hostage

Midoriya's eyes open as he realized he was in the hospital, bandaged up as he saw a bowl of food and note from his mother beside his hospital bed. The door opened as Kaminari peeked in.

"Midoriya! Nice to see you awake!" Kaminari said as he slid the open as the other classmates walked into the room.

"Have you seen the news? Reporters are all over the school right now." he said.

"Yeah. It's worse than last time." Sato piped in.

"Hey look what we brought you! It's a melon! Melon!!" Mineta said happily as he held a melon over his head.

"I've caused you problems, Midoriya." Tokoyami said as the others stood still, Bakugou leaned on the wall by the door as he said nothing, solemnly looking down to the floor.

"No... I did this to myself... Did everyone from class 1-A came to visit?" Midoriya asked as the others looked down, as Iida speaks up.

"Jirou and Hagakure are still out from the poisonous gas. Yaoyorozu got really injured on the head too and is also in the hospital, she woke up yesterday." 

"What about Flare-sensei?"

"She was shot in the spine," they froze as they heard this. "She was immediately treated by the medical team but Aizawa-sensei refused to tell us where she currently is or her condition right now."

"There's 16 of us right now." Uraraka said sadly.

"Because (Y/n) was captured." Todoroki mumbled.

"He knows!" Ashido nervously shouted to the dual haired boy as Midoriya's eyes begun to tear up as he remembered (Y/n)'s terrified expression the night when she was taken.

'Izuku... stay... there...'

"All Might told me, 'There are always people beyond our reach, that we can't protect, even though we want to.'" The class went silent as Midoriya started to cry.

"Which is why we have to save people beyond our reach. I was so close to save her... I needed to save her... I had to... My body wouldn't move, I couldn't save someone right in front of me... someone who always saved me...always there for me...for us... why couldn't I do it this time?" he choked out as tears ran down from his eyes. 

Kirishima stared at Midoriya as he sighed.

"All right. Let's go get her." The others stared at him, confused and shocked.

"I was here and so was Todoroki. We overheard Yaoyorozu talking with All Might and an officer. She had created a tracker and placed it on a Nomu, and it came with a remote that could read where the villain was." he explained.

"Kirishima, you're planning on asking her to create another one, aren't you?" Iida asked, Todoroki glanced at him.

"And what if it does?"

Iida gritted his teeth, remembering the Hosu City incident as well as the encounter with the Hero Killer and the warning they were given. 

The scar you were given.

"It is what All Might said!" he yelled. "This is something that we should leave it to the pros! This isn't the place to act, you idiot!"

"We know that! But all I know is at camp, I couldn't do anything! I heard that my friend was targeted and I just stood there helpless, so if I stand now, how could call myself a man or a hero I do nothing?!" Kirishima yelled.

"Take it easy, dude. We're in the hospital." Kaminari shushed.

"All of you, listen to me for a minute... I know what you're saying is right but still!" Kirishima turns to Midoriya as he reached his towards Midoriya.