"I'm the one who exchanged them you dummy!" Lodzin yells back still laughing as he swats his shoulder.

"Mickey mouse!" Bruce chuckles taking the ball from Lodzin and runs back shouting,
"I'll get back to you tomorrow at school this is not over yet Lodziiiin!"

" You'll Still fall into my another trap, that's what you always do!" Lodzin shouts back enthusiastically.

I shake my head. Kids will always be kids.

I help Lodzin climb on to the bike as I join him. Revving up my engine, I pull out of the Park's parking lot and in no meantime we're at home.

My Dad is not around but I can see our nanny Zila in the kitchen. I tiptoe quietly towards her and I wrap my arms around her waist from the back resting my chin on her shoulder. She gasps loudly in shuddering. She turns around and exhales loudly relief washing over her.

"You scared me honey!" She laughs rubbing my cheeks funnily.

"Well, at least now I know that you also do get scared." I joke stifling a yawn.

"It's not funny you know." She points out pouting like a kid and I chuckle readjusting her apron. "Oh supper is ready, give me some minutes I'm making my final dish."

"Don't worry Na'zila I'll be in Lodzin's room ironing his uniforms for tomorrow. You'll just call me when you will be done." I tell her as I walk out of the kitchen closing the door behind me. I'm used to calling her Na'zila or auntie Zila. She so charming and sweet to be with around but sometimes she can be a nagging nanny. Just sometimes.

I go straight into lodzin's bedroom and I prepare his school uniforms for tomorrow after polishing his shoes. Usually it's Zila who does this but I do help her with it sometimes when I don't have work, I do help with cooking sometimes too when I'm in a cooking mood. Besides, we only have each other as it is.

A piercing sound interrupts my thoughts followed by an ear-splitting thud. Of course Lodzin is trying to pull some crazy pranks again. I assume and go on, folding his clothes, placing them neatly in his suitcase.

"You're such a kill joy Tleigh!" He rolls into the room pouting then slumps his little frame on the bed.

"What now, I'm not Bruce remember?" I say zipping the suitcase as I join him on his tiny bed. He seems to remember something and he flashes me one of his million dollar smile.

"I almost got home with Bruce's ball today and the other day I succeeded eating his Cheetos, I replaced them with some papers!" He exclaims and then starts laughing like a loon.

"Lodzin no! Tell me you are lying!" I scold him but he laughs harder.

" Yes I did! but I gave him my milkshake and sympathized with him and that game was over." He says obviously happy and proud of himself.

"Promise me you'll never do that again." I scoot closer to him pinching his nose not so lightly.

"Ouch that hurts Tleigh!" He scrunches his face up rubbing his nose at the same time. I give him a hard glare which makes him throw his little hands in the air in surrender. "Alright I will not repeat it again but he started the game. He's the one who ate my French toast first. But it won't happen again." He swears making a cross on his forehead.

"Fine auntie Zila is calling us downstairs let's go have our supper. You have school tomorrow so you should sleep earlier today."

"Do you want that guy who was with Bruce to be your friend?" Lodzin asks on our way downstairs. Let's just say that I didn't expect that question to come out of Lodzin's mouth.

"Why do you ask?" I all but ask getting curious and doubtful.

" Well..." He shrugs his shoulders. "He seems cool to me. Bruce mentioned that he plays guitar and I want him to teach me."

" Okay, that's your game to play buddy. Just say you want to be friends with him only to be taught how to play guitar." I tell him once we reach the base of the stairs.

"Don't you want to know too?"

"I'm not interested. Thank you for asking." I smile.

" You're so boring!" He snorts running away knowing too well that I'll get back at him.

He was a jerk but I can't deny that he really got looks there. Boy did I admit that ?

...

I can't deny my nanny Zila is a talented cook, more like an expertee in cooking and her dishes are a whole kind of yummy. More reason to why I had her training me how to cook different dishes. So far am a top notch in cooking my father's favourite dishes which is a fair thing. Not that my culinary skills are that good, no. They're just enough for me to cook specific dishes.

So we eat the five course meal she prepared in silence and the only sound that can be heard is the one from the colliding spoons and forks with the enamel plates we're using. I didn't notice I was starving until now. I'm sitting in front of the table with an empty plate which was loaded with food not a while ago.

Dad is already home so I leave him eating as Lodzin keeps ranting about some random movies he watched which I'm sure dad has no clue about. So I take this cue to wish them a good night rest and I leave for my room.

The moment my body hits the mattress I slowly start drifting off to dreamland. I feel exhausted, I don't even bothered changing into my pyjamas. Shortly after, sleep takes over powering every will I had left.

I love you guys. Thanks for reading! Make me happy by tapping on the star below😜😘 share to help other readers find the story.

You can also say hello on Wattpad and Instagram @ delliandianney