Our Song-Dean Winchester

It all happened so quickly. You were on a werewolf hunt with Sam and Dean when you heard a branch snap behind you. To your demise, you didn't turn quick enough to catch the culprit. That's when you got knocked out by the werewolf. Luckily, Sam and Dean came just in time to save you before the werewolf ripped you to shreds.

After being taken to the hospital, the doctors told you that you had a mild case of amnesia and probably wouldn't get your memory back in a while. "It'll take some time," the doctor said from the hallway. You lied on a hospital bed, hearing the quiet, persistent beats on the heart rate monitor.

"How much time?" Dean asked desperately.

"I'm not sure yet. The results aren't conclusive. You'll just have to be patient," the doctor insisted.

You were let go from the hospital the next day, but still had no clue who these two "strangers" were and where they were taking you. So Sam and Dean tried to think of different ways to bring back your memory.

~Two weeks later~

"I'm sorry. I still don't remember you. Are you sure you're my boyfriend?" you asked, feeling guilty for not giving Dean the answers he wanted. You could see tears swell up in his bright green eyes. You wished that you could just lie to him and tell him you remembered him, but honestly you didn't. Even after learning his name and about his brother, had been shown photos of the three of you, no flashback or memory came to mind. He was still a stranger in your eyes. All the memories you and him might've shared before were now one-sided.

Even at that moment, he drove you to a secluded lake area that supposedly you two went to all the time. He thought that maybe bringing you to a place that was close to heart would be the key to getting your memories back. But to no avail. This was just a lake to you, nothing more.

Dean sighed, thinking to himself for a moment. He reached into the glove compartment and took out a cassette tape. Confused, you watched as he entered the tape and pressed play.

Suddenly, Dean started mouthing the words of the song and stepping closer towards you, "Carry on my wayward son, they'll be peace when you are done! Lay your weary head to rest, don't you cry no more!"

You tilted your head, confused by what he was trying to do. But for some reason, this song sounded familiar. It's like you anticipated every note and line of the song as it played on, as if you've heard it a thousand times before. Dean took both your hands with pleading eyes, "Do you remember this song (Y/N)? It's our song, remember?"

You shrugged, not really sure how to respond. Our song? Slowly, he took your hands and wrapped them around his neck, then slipped his around your waist, leaving you two just inches apart from each other.

His touch was warm and familiar. You wrapped your arms closer, letting yourself be pulled into him. And it felt like home. It was like all this felt right; you were meant to be in his arms, and he was meant to be in yours, dancing along to your song. All the answers were right in front of you, yet you couldn't manage to put the puzzle pieces together and it frustrated you tremendously. Here this guy was, trying to bring back the person he loves, yet they couldn't remember ever loving him back. Soon the slow part of the song came and you two swayed along, just enjoying each other's presence.

Unknowingly, you started to sing along, "Once I rose above the noise and confusion, just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion! I was soaring ever higher! But I flew too high."

Dean sang along with you with a triumphant smile on his face, "Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man, though my mind could think I still was a mad man, I hear the voices when I'm dreaming. I could hear them say!"

Both you and Dean continued singing along and dancing. Hearing both your and his attempt at singing reminded you of the time you dragged Sam and Dean to a karaoke bar and got them drunk enough to perform a rendition of Britney Spear's "Oops, I Did it Again." You giggled at the thought and suddenly...that's when it all happened. Each passing moment brought a new flashback or memory: The first time you met Sam and Dean when you saved them from that wendigo, the time you took the boys to Six Flags and they had a blast, all the times you and Sam would head out to the library on a case while Dean hit the diners, and of course...your first kiss with Dean, right by this lake. The memories weren't all completely there, but at least the ones that mattered most were. 

You looked into Dean's apple green eyes once again and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He held you in a tighter embrace, stroking your hair at the same time. Memories flowed in like a waterfall and you never wanted to let him go. This was Dean- your Dean; he wasn't some stranger anymore to you. He was the love of your life and it pained you to realize you had forgotten someone so important.

You pulled away slowly to breath and looked at him smiling, tears drizzling down your cheeks, "I remember, Dean! I remember you and Sammy! And the bunker! Some things I'm still trying to figure out and it's kind of all over the place, but I remember you!"

Dean swung you around in his arms, planting another soft kiss on your lips. His eyes crinkled at the ends as his lips curled into a deep smile. "(Y/N), you have no idea how much I've missed this."

"I'm so sorry," you stroked a hand down his chiseled jaw, "I love you."