You/Lena Luthor - Adoption

AN: Skips around to random points of his life. All life events are in chronological order.

Lena looked at the welcome sign and the large variety of decorations that the two of you had worked tirelessly throughout the night to set up

Lena looked at the welcome sign and the large variety of decorations that the two of you had worked tirelessly throughout the night to set up. Neither of you could sleep and so the only logical thing was to work the nerves off until it was time for Noah to be dropped off.

"Do you think that he'll like it? What if he hates it? Lets just take it all down, I don't want to scare him off."

Lena began to take down the poster but you stopped her. Taking her hand, you led her to the living room and sat her down on your lap. Wrapping your arms around her waist, you pulled her down so she could rest her head on your shoulder.

"Lena, baby. Take deep breaths with me."

"Bu..."

"Deep breaths."

Lena sighs and follows yours breathing pattern. You don't stop until you can see that Lena's less tense.

"Better?"

She smiles and nods, leaning in to kiss your cheeks.

"You always know how to make me feel better. Thank you."

The two of you jump out of the couch when the doorbell rings.

"That must be him."

You open the front door to find (kid's name) hiding behind the social worker's legs.

"Noah! Hi, welcome to your new house. Please come in."

The social worker, Leah, started to walk inside the house but was stopped by the fact that Noah refused to move.

"Just a second."

She turns around and kneels so she was at eye level with him. They're quietly whispering amongst each other, making the two of you nervous. He had seem excited when he learned you were going to adopt him and now it looked like he was having second thoughts. Taking hold of Lena's hand, you both take a deep breath.

"Sorry about that, he was just a little nervous about finally coming home."

(kid's name) slowly nods and peeks his head out from behind Leah's legs. The two of you give him a smile and Lena extends her hand for him to take so he could follow you in. He's hesitant to take it but once he does, he smiles widely and follows the two of you in.

"Welcome home, (kid's name)!"

His eyes start to water and you both panic, not understanding what had upset him.

"Oh honey, we're sorry. We didn't mean to upset you. What can we do to make it right?"

Lena asks him, wanting to fix whatever had upset him. He wraps his tiny hands around both of your legs and does his best to pull you in for a hug. You both understand what he's trying to do and kneel down so the three of you could hug better. Leah, smiles, happy that he had found a home that truly wanted him. She pulls out her phone and snaps a picture of the three of you.