You/Katie McGrath - PhD

"(y/n), please

"(y/n), please. I want you to come over for girls night. It'll be 10x as fun with you here. I want you to meet my friends. They've been dying to meet you."

"Chyler, I don't know. I have a class to teach tomorrow. I can't be staying out too late."

"You're too cute. You're an adult. You can stay up as long as you want. Just bring some clothes over and you can stay. I'll drop you off tomorrow."

"Chyler..."

"Please, (y/n). When was the last time you've gone out for some fun."

"Well.."

"Spending time with just me can't count."

You visibly deflate that you can't even come up with a single day that you've actually gone out to enjoy yourself.

"Okay, fine but I'm not drinking. I have class tomorrow and I owe it to my students to be there every day."

"Woo! Finally! I have your favorite drinks so you don't have to worry about bringing anything. Just get your ass here at 7PM."

"Yeah, yeah. 7PM it is. I might be a little late because I'm grading papers but I'll be there."

"(y/n), I swear to god if your ass isn't here before 9PM, I'm dragging you here. I don't care if you come here kicking and screaming. You need to have some fun. You can't just be all about work."

You sigh and nod, Chyler was right. You needed a break. All you've been doing since the semester started was work on your classes as well as your research.

"You're right. I'll see you then."

"I'm always right. See you later."

The two of you hang up and you went back to grading the papers.

X

You rubbed your eyes, and stretched after sitting in the same position for almost 3 hours. Your assignments weren't long but you wanted to make sure that you gave as much feedback as possible on their paper so they could fix their mistakes. You get up to grab some water, passing by a large digital clock to realize that it was already 8:30.

"Oh fuck! Chyler is going to be pissed."

You ran to change into something presentable and rushed to your car to head to Chylers' place. As you're arriving, you start receiving a call from Chyler. You didn't want to answer it and hoped she wouldn't call again until you arrived.

"Your ass better be on her way over or I'm dragging you out of your house, (y/n)."

You wince as she yells at you when you answer.

"I'm outside! I just got distracted."

She hangs up and a few seconds later, the front door opens for Chyler to run out and give you a hug.