You/Kate Kane - Vigilante

'How could you be so stupid?'

You think to yourself as you continue hearing Kate talk about Sophie.

The two of you had become good friends after both of you had teamed up together to take down a gang that almost ended up severely injuring Batwoman. You had just started off as a vigilante in the city so you couldn't believe that one of the first people you had saved was Batwoman. She was extremely grateful for jumping in to help her and ended up asking if the two of you would pair up to clean up Gotham. It was a no brainer question as you automatically said yes to joining her.

From then on, every night, the two of you would meet up at crimes scenes to investigate or stop another drug trade from happening. With your new partnership, it helped clean up Gotham much faster so nights tended to be slow and it gave the two of you and opportunity to talk about anything and everything.

It's how you ended up falling for her. It was bound to happen anyways, it was impossible to resists Kate's charm.

Which brings you back to now. The two of you were currently at the top of a building waiting for any signs of movement and Kate had used this opportunity to talk about Sophie and how much she missed her. You hated to say this but you were glad when the men broke the window to rob the place. It meant Kate would stop talking about Sophie and you would stop feeling your heartbreak each time Kate mentioned how much she loved Sophie.

X

"Kate, I need to tell you something?"

You tell her one night when the two of you had finally had a moment of piece after stopping a few robberies.

"What is it?"

You take a deep breath and remove your face mask. Talking with it on felt like the conversation wasn't going to be sincere and you needed her to see how much you loved her.

"Woah, okay. This is serious."

She also removes her mask, setting it to the side.

"I'm in love with you."

Kate starts to laugh, and you feel your heart break a little. She stops when she realizes that it wasn't a joke.

"(y/n)..I"

You give her a tearful smile and wipe the tears that had managed to spill to put on your face mask.

"Don't Kate. It was stupid of me to think it wasn't one-sided."

"(y/n), I had no idea."

"There's a robbery, two blocks from here lets go."

You don't wait for her to answer you as you jump off the building to land on the ground. Kate follows after you a little while later. She was still in shock after what you had told her and now there was no way that you were ever going to talk about it. You were just going to ignore it every time Kate would try to bring it up.