Bushroot x Isolated Reader pt. 2

You're inside the house and you look around. You say, "This is a nice place. St. Canard's got some large buildings, too. I haven't seen any that large." Mindy says, "Right? I chose this house because there's a fenced wall in the back to kind of remind you of home. But it's not nearly as isolated nor does it have barbwire at the top of it to keep outsiders out. It's time you saw what else was in the real world."

You say, "I'd like to see the backyard... If that's alright." She says, "In just a little while. You're eating first." You say, "Okay." You look around the house and you say, "Wow. I like this house." Mindy says, "I figured you would. You can have one of the bedrooms upstairs." You smile and you say, "Thanks." She says, "Come on. Let's eat. I've already called someone to bring food into this house." You follow her.

(Time skip.)

Later on, you're in the backyard. You're looking at the flowers and admiring them. You're unaware that someone is climbing the bricked fencing right now. It's the same plant duck man. He's got bright purple foliage hair, he's green, has blue eyes, etc.

He climbs over and he looks over to see you. He sighs and smiles saying, "I have to meet her. She's so lovely." He gets on the other side. He's unaware of how you're going to react once he meets you.

As you pick a flower you hear footsteps and you stand up saying, "Hey, Mindy. I thought I'd pick some flo..." But as you turn around, you see what you haven't seen before. You gasp. You say, "Wha... What kind of female are you?"

This mysterious person says this in a deep voice, "Female?" You scream a bit and this startles him. You say, "Y-your voice!" He says, "What's wrong? Is it because I'm..." You scream, "MINDY!!" You back away. This person says, "Awe, come on. I'm not gonna hurt you." You scream again.

You see Mindy running out and she says, "(Y/N)! What's wrong?" She gets to you and you hug her saying, "Wha... what is this, Mindy! This person! She doesn't sound like anyone I've met!" She looks over at the person.

He says, "I figured she'd be put off and scared like everyone else because I'm a plant." He looks away. Mindy says, "Sir. I can assure you that's not the case." She calms you down and you look over. Mindy says, "How do I put this?" He looks at her. She says, "She has never seen a male in her life until just now."

He says, "What?" He looks at you. Mindy says, "It's okay, dear. Say hi to him." You say, "H-him? You mean her?" She says, "No. Him, (Y/N). That's a he and not a she. That's a man." You look over and you pull away from Mindy as you observe this... MAN.

Mindy looks at him and says, "I guess you were curious too, huh?" He says, "Hey. At least I wasn't possibly isolated from seeing girls my whole life like she was with boys. Who would do that to someone?"

You say, "My whole life, I was told females were the only gender and that the outside had strange females." The plant man says, "I guess I'm one of those ahem... strange females, huh? A male." You suddenly feel something for this man and you say, "I... I feel... strange. Mindy... What's happening to me?"

Mindy says, "Well, this is the first male you've seen all eighteen years of your life so... yeah." You look at this man and you say, "What's your name, ma'am? Or whatever it is." He says, "That would be sir. And my name's Reginald Bushroot. Or Reggie for short. I actually go by Bushroot." You say, "Reginald. That's a name I've never heard." He nods.

Mindy says, "That's because it's a male name, dear. I'll explain more to you, later. Right now... continue talking to him. Get to knowing him. See what he's like." You say, "Well... okay." Mindy steps away and says, "I'll be inside." She walks inside the house.

He says, "Amazing. So you've never seen a boy or a man in your life?" You shake your head for no and you say, "I didn't know you all existed. I was told how babies got here. A fairy coming down and causing women to become pregnant."

He laughs a bit and he says, "That's not how it happens. You wanna know how they actually get here, my dear?" You look at him and you say, "How?" He says, "You have to have sex." You say, "Sex?"

He raises a brow and he says, "Were you not taught THAT where you're from?" You say, "Wait... is that supposed to mean something... nasty?" He says, "It depends on how you think of that." You say, "Then tell me."

He blushes and says, "What? Me?" You nod and you say, "What is this... sex like?" He says, "W-well, I know what it is. But I've never done that in my life. Nobody wants to date ME. I'm a mutant plant."

You blush and you say, "I'm... not complaining." He looks at you. You look at him and you say, "You are the first male I've ever seen in my life." He sighs and he says, "Why don't you get that woman who lives with you to tell you?" You say, "Please?" He blushes even more. He says, "Well..." He sighs and says, "Alright. I just... know I'll regret this."

Moments later after he tells you, you gasp and you say, "Oh my god... Gross." He says, "How old are you?" You say, "Eighteen." He says, "You're really grossing out on that? I-I mean I get you were never taught the truth and you've been away from men your whole life, but still. You're almost a grown woman. Girls younger than you do that all the time and end up with babies. There are plenty like that here in St. Canard. I've seen them walking into stores. In fact, this city also has super villains."

You say, "I know what villains are, at least. I was told there was only Magica DeSpell, Splatter Phoenix, Ammonia Pine or Camille Chameleon." He says, "That's true. They are villains. But actually... there are more male super villains, my dear. I'm one of them." He smirks. 

You say, "You're a villain? Then why are you being so nice to me?" He sighs and says, "That's how I started off at first, (Y/N). I was nice... Too nice. But I was pushed around. Bullied. We all start off somewhere. I was pushed to it. But don't worry... I won't hurt YOU. Besides, I don't want you meeting the first male you've seen to be a horrible experience. Not you."

You look at him and he looks at you. You hear Mindy yelling, "(Y/N)! Come inside! We're going out!" You look back and you yell, "Be right there, Mindy!" You face Bushroot and you say, "I guess I'll see you later?" He smiles and nods saying, "Yeah. I'll be here tonight. Backyard. Such a nice backyard, too. All the plants and flowers. I live for those."

You say, "So do I." You and Bushroot look at each other. You feel as if you're suddenly feeling butterflies in your stomach. He smiles at you and you smile at him. You say, "I'll see you then... Reginald." He says, "Alright... (Y/N)."

You turn away and you walk into the house. Bushroot takes off. As you get into the house, Mindy says, "I see your talk with the first male you've seen, went smoothly." You say, "Mindy... What is this I'm feeling? I've never felt like this towards anyone, before. I grew up with two mothers."

She says, "That my sweet... is love. You're feeling love struck. You're experiencing your first crush. Come on. Let's go. You'll be seeing tons more males here in St. Canard while we're out." You say, "Okay... but him." She says, "You'll see him again. Come on." You and Mindy leave the house.

(Not over yet.)