Ex Bushroot x Resentful Reader pt. 4

Moments later, you're at the hospital in the lobby. Megavolt and Quackerjack found out what had happened and they're there, too. You're regretting everything you did. Your actions. You're regretting ever being the careless, plant hating tyrant you've been since yours and Bushroot's breakup four months back. 

You sigh. Liquidator says, "(Y/N). This isn't your fault." You say, "Yes it is, Liquidator. It's all my fault he's probably dead now. I... I killed him. I fucking killed him! I killed the love of my life!!" You slip off the chair and you drop on your knees to the floor. The others look at you with sad expressions. You sob.

You say, "Oh, Reggie. Why did it have to come to this?" Megavolt says, "No offense (Y/N), but if Bushroot makes it out of this just fine... both of you need help." You say, "I... I know! I know I do!" Quackerjack sighs and says, "Poor Bushroot. All of that just to get you back." You sob some more. He says, "Oops. Sorry." 

The doctor comes out. You look up and you look over. She says, "We've revived him successfully." You gasp and you get up. She says, "He can have visitors." You all head into the room Bushroot is in. You look over at him. He's alive. His eyes are opened. You whisper, "Oh my god. Reggie." You walk over. 

Liquidator says, "Reginald." He comes over. Bushroot looks to see the guys and... you. He says. "(Y-Y/N)?" You sigh and tears form in your eyes. Liquidator says, "She has remorse, my friend." Bushroot looks at you and says, "So you do care, huh?" You sigh and you look at him. His expression turns into a sad one. He says, "You do care."

Quackerjack says, "Should we leave the two alone?" Liquidator says, "Ten out of ten will agree that leaving them to talk alone is a great idea. Come on, you two." He, Quackerjack and Megavolt leave the room. 

You look at Bushroot and he looks at you. You approach him and he sits up. He says, "You came to see me. You've resented me so much for the passed four months... I couldn't take much more of it. So... I tried ending myself in the process. I thought that would've made you happy. You know... to see me go." 

You say, "Reggie, I didn't want this. Not this!" Your (lip/beak) quivers and tears form in your eyes. He says, "(Y/N)... It's my fault. I made you that way. I shouldn't have been so stupid those months back. I don't know why I even had it in me to set you up like that. I... I'm so sorry, baby. I guess part of me was paranoid that you were like the others and you were just using me to get to my flowers. Boy was I wrong or what? I was an asshole. You had the right to leave me in that scenario." 

You say, "Reggie. I couldn't stand the fact that the guy I loved treated me that way. That's why, Reggie... I was acting like such a remorseless, heartless, plant hating, man hating, corrupt cunt. I even started drinking and acting like a jerk, myself. I had even insulted the guys without any remorse." 

He says, "I started drinking, too. Too much. Getting drunk and passing out at times, as well. Look at me, (Y/N). I'm a fat pig now because I knew I would never get you back after what I did. My hair looks like shit. Like a metalhead teen from the 90s who doesn't shower. I haven't shaved since with the small beard I have under my beak. I haven't properly taken care of myself. I put my plants before I put myself before you and I even got together, but I was putting them and not myself since our breakup. I just... let myself go. There was no point in taking care of my own needs. I guess I just... let myself slip. Almost." 

Your (lip/beak) quivers and you say, "Where did we go wrong, Reggie?" He looks at you and he says, "I need help, (Y/N). As soon as I'm released from the hospital. And I mean a therapist is what I need. I need to get back in shape. Trim my foliage hair. Fix my leafy hands. I mean I look like shit." 

You hear this, "Ten out of ten people will agree that both of you should get professional help for your issues. Work things out once more." You and Bushroot look over to see Liquidator in the doorway.