Ex Bushroot x Resentful Reader

(Y/N) Your Name. (L/N) Last Name. 

You're a single twenty three year old (favorite animal) woman named (Y/N) (L/N). Why are you single? Well... You've met a guy that you found extremely sweet. He had been treating you right. His name... Reginald Bushroot. 

He was a half plant, half duck hybrid. But you didn't care about that. He was handsome nonetheless and had a nice deep voice and he liked you. You liked him. You knew he was a villain too, but it didn't matter. You started dating and it turned into a committed relationship. Things were perfect and he was the kindest guy you've ever been with... or was he?

(Flashback...)

It was four months ago. You and Bushroot are walking through a garden and things are nice. You're holding his hand and he's holding yours. He looks around and he smiles saying, "Look at that. It's beautiful, isn't it?" You say, "Yeah. I could stay here all day." 

He says, "Me too. Hey um, come with me. There's this beautiful rose patch not too far from here." You smile and you say, "Oh cool. Lead the way, baby." He smiles and he says, "Come on." You follow him through the cobblestone path and you get to a rose patch.

You gasp and you say, "Oh wow. Look at all those roses." He says, "Yeah. I figured you'd like roses, so I lead you here." You look at the rose patch in awe. He looks back and he waves his hands over and a bunch of vines slither over as if they were snakes or something. Bushroot puts his leafy finger up to his beak and he says, "Shh." The vines nod. He looks over as you're still focused on the roses. He whispers, "Now." 

You suddenly gasp as you feel yourself being grabbed. You look around and you say, "Huh? W-what the?" You feel the vines wrapping around you and you say, "What the hell? Reggie?!" You look over at him. 

He suddenly smirks and he says, "Didn't think I'd know, huh?" You say, "Know what? Reggie, what did I do?! Why are your vines wrapping around me like this?" He says, "I know how pretty ones like you are. You're only pretending to love me. I know you're just in it for my flowers, baby. I'm not dumb." 

You say, "Yes you are, Reggie! If this is what you think, then yes you are!" He looks at you and says, "No dear. I think you are if you believe I'm gonna fall under your charm. You're a user, baby. You use people for what they have. Whether it's money, candy... flowers. Don't deny it, (Y/N). You're a garden digger. A garden digging hoe. No pun intended." 

You gasp after he says that. You knew it was a flower version of gold digger and by hoe he was calling you a slut and not the shovel you use for gardening. You squint your eyes and you say, "Reggie... Make your vines let me go." He says, "Fine. If it means you'll get out of my way, then alright." He makes the vines let you go.

You stand there and you say, "I don't understand why you would even think that I don't love you, Reggie! I love you, dammit!" His smirk fades and he looks at you. You say, "Yeah. I'm not using you! Why the fuck would you even point something false out like that?! I..." 

Your mood suddenly changes and he realizes his mistake. He says, "Oh crap. H-hey. (Y/N). Baby, I..." You say, "Reggie... Consider yourself single." He gasps. You say, "It's YOU that's like everyone else. I've been dumped, cheated on and lied to too many times. I thought you'd be different, but nope. I was wrong. So motherfucking wrong. You're just like all the others." He's shocked to hear this. You say, "Good luck finding someone else. You no longer exist in my eyes. Fuck plants and fuck you. I'm out." You walk off.

(Flashback ends.)

Not only was that a crushing blow on you for what he said to you and you got back at him, but it changed you since too. You're no longer the sweet, caring, flower loving woman you once were just those four months and more ago... now you hate flowers and any other plant.