Red Sky At Morning

Start from the beginning

"So, anyways, we were talking about your niece." Sam said, uncomfortable, and I bit my lips, trying not to smile. "Well, yes. Sheila mentioned something quite strange before she died. She said she saw a boat." She said and we give her a confused look.

"A boat?" I said, confused. "Yes. One minute it was there, then it was gone. It just disappeared right before her eyes. You think it could be a ghost ship? Alex thinks it could be a ghost ship." Gert said and the boys and I give each other another look. "Uh, could be." Sam said.

"You let me know if there's anything else I can do for you." Gert said and she traces a finger slowly along Sam's hand; Sam looks uncomfortable, while Dean and I try not to laugh. "Anything at all." She said.

Dean, Sam and I walk along the docks, where the water is crowded with pristine, moderately sized boats. "What a crazy old broad." Dean said. "Why? Because she believes in ghosts?" Sam asked and I chuckled. "Look at you. Sticking up for your girlfriend. You cougar hound." I joked.

"Bite me." Sam grumbles and Dean chuckles. "Not if she bites you first." I remarked and Sam scoffs. "That's my girl." Dean said to me and I wink at him while he continues to chuckle.

"So, who's this Alex? We got another player in town?" Dean asked once he stopped laughing. "Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't change our job." Sam said. "And what looked like a ghost ship, right?" I said. "It's not the first one sighted around here, either." Sam said.

"Really?" Dean and I asked. "Yeah. Every 37 years, like clockwork, reports of a vanishing three-mast clipper ship out in the bay. And every 37 years, a rash of weirdo, dry-land drownings." Sam explains as we keep on walking along the dock.

"So, whatever's happening is just getting started." I said and Sam nods. "What's the lore?" Dean asked him. "Well, there are apparitions of old wrecks sighted all over the world. The S.S. Violet, the Griffin, the Flying Dutchman - almost all of them are death omens." Sam said.

"So, you see the ship and then a few hours later, you pucker up and kiss your ass goodbye?" Dean asked.

"Basically." Sam said.

"What's the next step?" I asked him. "We gotta I.D. the boat." Sam said. "That shouldn't be too hard. I mean, how many three-mast clipper ships have wrecked off the coast?" Dean asked. "I checked that too, actually. Over 150." Sam said.

"Wow." Dean mutters, shocked.

"Yeah." Sam said.

"Crap." I grumbled as we approach an empty parking space; Dean looks around, confused. "This is where we parked the car, right?" He asked as he points at the empty parking spot. "I thought so." Sam said as I nod.

"Where's my car?" Dean asked, getting agitated. "Did you feed the meter?" I asked him. "Yes, I fed the meter." Dean yells. "Guys, where's my car? Somebody stole my car!" Dean growls, angrily. "Calm down." I said to him, calmly.

"I am calmed down! Somebody stole my ca-" Dean shouts then he begins hyperventilating. "Whoa. Dean. Hey, hey, hey. Take it easy." Sam and I said to him as we go and I put an arm around him.

"The '67 Impala?" A female British voice asked and we look over and see it is Bela as she saunteres her way to us. "Was that yours?" She asked, a smirk on her face. "Bela." I growled at her. "I'm sorry. I had that car towed." She said.

"You what?!" Dean yells. "Well, it was in a tow-away zone." She said. "No, it wasn't!" I said to her. "It was when I finished with it." She said.

"What the hell are you even doing here?" Dean asked her, angrily. "A little yachting." She said, flippantly. "You're Alex. You're working with that old lady." Sam said and Bela's smile grew bigger. "Gert's a dear old friend." She said.