Chapter 107

The nurse left after she unwrapped the bandages on my head. She put more bandage on my face and I didnt like how it felt. I had bandages wrapped all over my body and it didnt feel nice to move. She said I could visit Narutos room when I got back dressed. I slowly put on the hospital gown back on and tied it.

When I asked the nurse what happened, she said that I just passed out when we got back to the village. Apparently, all the jumping and running got my head more jumbled up.

I stared at the ground blanket just waiting for something. I felt my eyes feel heavy again so I put my head in my hands. I dont like how quiet the world is to me, it's so silent. I usually like the quiet, now..it feels lonely.

I looked at the little table next to me and drank the glass of water that was there for me. I slowly stood up and felt the room spin. Most of my injuries were head wounds, some small scratches here and there. My hand was bothering me a lot though. I stared at the heavy bandages around it. I walked over to the door and walked a couple rooms down.

"(Y/n).." a familiar voice said behind me. I froze and clenched my fist. "Shikamaru.." I said turning my head a bit. "You're finally awake?" He asked walking over to me. "Yeah, I guess.." I said turning to him. "Going to see Naruto?" He asked walking over to me. "Yeah, how is he doing?" I asked as we both walked over to his door. "He's been unconscious like you" he said. "Oh.."

He slid the door open and it took me a second to realize what was going on. "Well, well, so you're awake too, huh?" Shikamaru said to him. "Shikamaru, (Y/n)!" Naruto said turning his head to us. I smiled, but it faded when I saw the bandages all over him.

~

"I see. Well, at least everybody's okay. That's good." Naruto said. I had my head in my hands again as Shikamaru explained everything to Naruto. I dont even know if they know I went after Sasuke after all, Shikamaru didn't mention it.. I probably wont mention it for now.. "So, so Sasuke's-" Shikamaru slowly said. "Yeah, he's gone."

I stared at the floor blankly for a minute. Why is everything so quiet? Why is everything so.. sad like? The door slid open and I jumped a bit. I looked over to see Granny Hokage and Sakura walk in. I felt my face heat up from embarrassment when I saw Sakura. I turned my head and squeezed my eyes shut. I promised you, I should've... I should've did more to get him. If only I tried harder..! If only..

"Sakura-" Naruto said. "Naruto-" she said. Naruto saddened his expression a lot. "I heard that your injuries were pretty serious. You seem to be doing well, considering." Granny Hokage said. "I'm sorry, Sakura." Naruto said. "Um, hm, sorry? What have you got to be sorry about?" She said smiling. I stared up at her face, what a fake smile...

She walked over to the window slowly. "Let me guess, you got reckless and went off half-cocked again, huh? Look at you now. You look like a mummy." She said staring out the window. "I'm so sorry." Naruto said looking down. "Hey, why do you have the curtains closed? It's a beautiful day outside. See?" She opened the curtains and I looked away.

"I haven't given up. Listen, I'm still going to keep my promise. After all, it was the promise of a lifetime, right? I mean it." Naruto said desperately to her. "Its okay, Naruto. Really-" Sakura said. "He tried, Sakura." Shikamaru said. "If I say I'm going to do it, that means I will. Okay? Dont forget, my way of the Shinobi means I always stand behind what I say." Naruto said.

The mood seemed to lift up in the room. I looked down and squeezed my gown hard. This all somehow feels like my fault..if I just ignored the truth of it and just continued to try..! Maybe..I would've been able to bring him back..

Naruto began to giggle a bit. "Naruto.." Sakura said smiling. I stood up and slowly left the room. I dont deserve to be in there, I feel like I'm holding a secret from them. I can't tell them it's my fault basically..