Chapter 34

Lee was grunting but I was trying my best to steady my breathing. Lee threw up but I just closed my eyes and tried my best to stay calm. "Lee, what's wrong?" Sakura asked. Randomly I felt a warm liquid fill my ear and run down the side of my face
I touched it and opened my eyes to see blood. I stared as I realized everything sounded muffled. "Oh, I forgot to mention this little gadget I wear. You might be able to dodge my blows, but you can't get away from it."

He laughed a bit and then said "I don't need to strike you with my fists. I can hit you with the power of sound." "Sound?" Lee asked struggling. Damn it. Since I have good hearing, everything seems louder to me. This kind of guy is my weakness then. "What makes it possible for the ear to hear things? What is sound, really?" The leader asked.

"Vibrations." Sakura said and the leader said back "Give the little lady a prize. Yes, the vibration of molecules in the air creates a sound wave. These vibrations are collected by the ear, then directed to your eardrum. The human eardrum, the tympanic membrane, ruptures when exposed to sound levels in excess of 150 decibels. Moreover, if the sound is powerful enough to upset the fluid within the deepest inner ear canals, it becomes impossible for you to maintain your balance."

I had a random shock of wavyness. "Feeling a little dizzy? Nauseous? That's right. Best if you'd dont even try to stand up for a while." The leader snickered. I felt like it was slowly wearing off but not enough to fight. "You see, buddy, that old-fashioned taijutsu stuff won't work against us. Not that you're not pretty good at it. It's just that what's the point? Compared to our jutsu that stuff's totally yesterday's news." The other ninja said taking his hands out of the ground. "See, I can manipulate ultrasonic waves and air pressure. I can do things you've never even dreamed of. I can obliterate boulders, or make the ground itself as soft as a feather cushion. Face it, little man. You're against the jutsu of the future." He added.

If I just relax for a little longer I'll be able to move a bit maybe. "Now then, little girl. It's your turn!" The guy yelled running at Sakura. "Sakura!" I yelled. "No!" Lee yelled. Sakura grabbed her kunai and got ready. Idiot! A kunai wont do anything against this guy! Lee randomly got up and ran over to her. "Leaf Huricane!" Lee yelled as he tried to kick the guy. Lee grunted in pain so he wasnt able to complete the kick. The guy grabbed his leg and pulled it down saying "Not quite as effective as it was before, is it?" Lee groaned in pain as the guy came closer to attack him. "Still, its impressive that you can move at all. We'll have to do something about that."

The sound ninja swung his arm so Lee blocked it. The ninja was planning on hitting him though, he played a sharp pitch right in Lee's ear. It was loud enough to make me groan where I was. "Do you hear that? This device amplifies the vibrations of the impact, transforming them into a wave of sound." I slowly tried to stand up but soon fell back down. How did Lee get up so fast? "A sound wave I can channel with my chakra, focusing all it's energy on any target I desire." Lee's voice starting cracking as he groaned. "Stop it!" Sakura yelled.

Lee fell to the floor and laid there. "All right, little man. Time to end it." The leader said ready to finish of Lee. "That's what you think." Sakura said pulling out kunais. When she threw them, the ninja easily blocked them with his arm piece. "Ah, I'd almost forgotten you."

Sakura threw shurikens at them but the other ninja slid in front of the leader and sent high air pressure towards her so the shurikens bounced off. The other female ninja that wasnt doing anything went to Sakura from behind and grabbed her hair. "My, my, what soft and shiny hair. But you know what? If you spent a little less time shampooing and a little more time practicing your jutsu you might not be in this fix." She started moving her hand side to side so Sakura would have her head go side to side. "Hey, Zaku, I know what would be fun. Let's make Miss Beauty Queen watch while you finish off that Sasuke guy." She added.

I widened my eyes and he said "Why not? Sounds like fun to me." Sakura moved her head forward but the girl yanked her back and said "Don't even" "Sakura-" Lee said struggling. I need to call down and try to get up. I don't think Sakura can take these guys down. I looked at her again and saw she was crying. "Okay. Let's do this." The guy said walking towards Sakura. Sakura took out a kunai and the lady said "Come on. It's pointless. That wont work on me." Sakura turned her head and smirked "Its not meant for you."

"What the?" The girl said watching. Sakura swept the kunai right in her hair, cutting it swiftly. I was shocked she actually cut her hair. I knew she kept her hair long because of Sasuke. The lady fell back when she did and still gripping some pink hair. Sakuras headband fell off her head and it hit the ground. "Sakura, be careful." Lee said right before passing out. Watching Sakura do that gave me a weird feeling. I took a deep breath and shakily stood up. "I got this." Sakura said looking at me. I nodded and flashed next to Lee. Moving fast gave me a sudden feeling of dizziness so I fell on my knees again. I moved Lee farther from Sakura so we wouldn't get tied into the fight. I moved him on his back and on my lap. I turned my head to watch Sakura.  "Kin, finish her!" The other ninja yelled.

Sakura started doing hand signs as the girl ninja ran at her. The ninja stabbed Sakura but she poofed away. "A substitution jutsu!" The ninja yelled. Sakura started running towards the guy and he yelled "Kin, get out of the way!" The girl jumped up and away and Sakura threw kunais. The guy turned his hands towards the kunais and said. "Pathetic. Thanks for the present. Hope you dont mind if I returned it!"

Sakura started doing the same hand signs. "Slicing Sound Wave!" The guy yelled and the kunais went flying back at Sakura. "What a surprise. Okay, where are you know?" The guy asked looking up. Heh. Smart plan Sakura. She was falling towards him and she didnt do the same hand signs. "You really want to keep playing this? Because I got news for you. I'm not falling for it." He grabbed three kunai and threw them saying "alright, if you insist!"

Sakura blocked her face as one kunai went in her arm, shin, and thigh. The guy chuckled thinking he was so great. Little did he know, he fell right in her trap. "Okay, so where are you coming from next?" He asked looking around. He noticed her shadow was still coming closer and looked up. "No- yeah. This time it's really her! Augh!" He yelled as Sakura stuck a kunai right in his arm. She bit his other arm and I gasped.

I didnt expect her to bite him! "What are you, crazy or something? Get off me!" The guy yelled punching Sakura on her head a whole bunch of times. I set Lee aside and sat him against the tree. The guy was punching her harder and yelled "Somebody get this crazy girl off of me!" I was about to run over there but a weird ping went off in my ear. I groaned and grabbed it as it bleed more. I looked over at Sakura and saw she was bleeding now. "Get her off!" He was punching her harder and more. I can't move from the pain on my ear. This may be a stupid idea but its my only chance to help her! I grabbed my kunai in one swift move and stabbed it straight into my leg.

The pain from it detracted me from my ears so I got up slowly. Thanks Sasuke for the idea. The guy threw Sakura to the floor and said angrily "Now you're gonna pay." I started to move but I wasn't nearly as fast. "Say so long, kid." The guy said lifting up his hands. I ran over there but randomly 3 different things appeared with me. I turned my head to see Ino, Shikamaru, and Choji. "Huh?" I said confused on where they came from. "Heh. So what's this, the second string?" The guy said. I was breathing heavily probably from the amount of blood I've been losing. "Ino." Sakura said. "Surprised? I swore I'd never let you show me up, didn't I?"

Word count- 1535