Chapter 112

"Wait!" Sakura shouted. "Hmm? Yes, my dear? You had something to say?" Orochimaru asked. "Hold on a minute!" Sakura shouted and Orochimaru chuckled. "Sasuke. Where is he? You couldn't have- you couldn't have taken his body already!" Sakura shouted. "No need to hide it any longer, I suppose. It's fine, Kabuto. Go ahead and tell her." Orochimaru said and the door creaked shut after he left.

"Unfortunately, Sasuke was a little late getting here, and Lord Orochimaru wasn't able to wait. He had to make do with another vessel." Kabuto said. I smiled out of relief knowing Orochimaru didn't take his body yet. "So, Sasuke's alright, then, isn't he? And he's somewhere in this building!" Sakura shouted. "Lord Orochimaru gave Uchiha the curse mark to prepare him so be ready for my lord's next incarnation. The problem is, not everyone can bear the burden of the curse mark." Kabuto said.

I covered my mouth so I wouldn't gasp. He's lying.. Kabuto's lying.. "Impossible! There's no way that Sasuke could be-" Sakura said. "I'm afraid so. Sasuke couldn't handle the curse mark and now he's a memory." Kabuto said. "You're lying! I don't believe you. It has to be a lie!" Sakura shouted shaking her head. I had my mouth covered with my left hand as I stared at the floor trying to convince myself this wasn't happening.

Kabuto sighed and shook his head "Oh, come now. What on earth have I to gain by lying? I mean, in another minute here, you'll be dead. Since you're in such a hurry to see him, let me help you. You can spend eternity together in the afterlife." Kabuto said.

I widened my eyes realizing what he was going to do. I slowly stood up and walked closer. I looked over the pillar and saw him take out a kunai. I realized he was really going to kill her so I ripped a piece of glass out of my leg so any fear that was lingering in me was not focused on.

I muffled my yelp and got ready to jump. I looked back up to see the kunai coming to her face. "Sakura!" A cracked voice yelled as I jumped to Sakura. I grabbed her and rolled on the ground with her for a few seconds. I groaned in pain as I left a bit of a blood trail. I soon realized that the yell was Narutos and he threw a kunai at Kabutos.

"Sakura, don't believe a word out of this guy's mouth." Naruto shouted running over to us. Naruto jumped in front of us and I relaxed a bit. "He's full of it!" Naruto shouted. "You guys..!" She said surprised. I pushed her so she would stand up. "Well, what do you know about that! I just figured you'd drowned by now, Naruto and you, (Y/n), I thought you would've been cut up into pieces." Kabuto said I stood up, putting an arm infront of Sakura.

"When I make a promise, I don't ever give up! That's my ninja way, pal! And until we get Sasuke back, nothing on Earth is gonna stop me!" Naruto shouted. "Hm. Interesting." Kabuto said and jumped off while throwing shurikens at us. Naruto grabbed Sakura as we jumped to the side behind a pillar. "(Y/n), protect Sakura as you two hide. You're hurt so don't try to join in, okay? I got this" he said and jumped off. "Nar-" before I could call out to him he jumped off.

I heard Naruto messing with Kabuto with Muilti Shadow Clone, but I just tuned it out. "Are you alright, Sakura? Did you get hurt?" I asked looking her over. "I'm fine, but what about you?" She asked grabbing my hand. "Pfft, I'm fine. Nothing but scratches" I said. She gave me a worried look "You're drenched in your own blood!" She shouted and I returned it with a small smile. "I'm fine and... Naruto's right. Don't believe anything that prick said, Sasuke is.. fine." I said. She nodded her head and we peeked over the pillar to see Naruto clones fighting Kabuto.

After a while Kabuto jumped up shouting "These clones are really irritating! Fire style, Mystic Flames Dance Jutsu!" All the flames on the candles got blown towards the clones. The clones yelled as they were being burnt. Sakura and I watched in horror as they rolled around trying to put themselves out.