Chapter 30

The guy came running at us so Sasuke jumped up. I looked up and noticed the hand signs he was doing. I grabbed Sakura and jumped up and back. Sasuke was shooting fire around the guy but he dodged every single one.  I put Sakura down and jumped back up to follow them. As Sasuke and I were jumping to tree to tree we heard Naruto yelling. "Hey get me out of it!" "Tch. I got it" I said jumping down to Naruto. I cut the rope and he said "thank you" I heard a large boom and turned around to see a explosion.

I widened my eyes and I ran over there with Naruto. I threw a kunai at the guy above Sasuke. The guy jumped back and Naruto and I jumped down from the tree. "Oh no you don't!" Naruto yelled. Sasuke focused his chakra in his foot over the kunai, he picked the kunai up and kicked/threw the kunai towards the rain ninja while he was still in the air. He dodged the kunai and followed it with his eyes. Sasuke jumped up and stabbed him right in his chest with a kunai.

"Are you alright?" Sakura yelled to Sasuke. "Don't just stand there, Sakura. Chances are, this guy's not alone. Watch out! The others could strike any second now!" Sasuke yelled. The rain ninja pulled himself away from Sasuke and ran off. I ran up to Sasuke and asked "Are you alright?" "I'm fine" Sasuke said putting his kunai away. Sasuke was about to walk off but I said "Ah, wait. Here" I took out a piece of cloth I had. I wrapped it around my finger and wiped the blood of his face. He looked shocked at first but I just smiled at him.

~

"That proves that we can't just trust appearances. We have to come up with a way of knowing that each of us is who we say we are, and not some imposter using a Transformation Jutsu." Sasuke said and Naruto and I nodded out heads. "Alright, so what do we do?" Sakura asked. "We need a password." "What kind of password?" Naruto asked. "A secret one. Something known only to the four of us. And don't trust anyone who doesn't know it. No matter what ... Okay, listen closely because I only want to say this once. This question will be, 'when does a ninja strike?' And the response is, 'a ninja waits until the time is right, when the enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment to strike.' Got it?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh... Heh? My selective memory doesnt find that interesting enough to remember. "I got it." Sakura said. Heheh. I slowly looked over to Naruto and saw he was confused like me. He looked over at me and just by looking at each other we both knew we both didnt remember. He slowly looked back at Sasuke and asked "You got one a little shorter?"

Sakura grunted and Sasuke said "No, Naruto. That's it." Oh no. I dont remember anything of it. "Aw, come on! What's wrong? Didn't you get it? I memorized it easy." Sakura said.  "Yeah sure. I got it. I just thought it was going to be a password, not a pass speech." Naruto said. I guess the best thing I can do is stay close to Sasuke. "Alright then, I'll take the scroll." Sasuke said getting up. "Wait a minute, Sasuke. I- ah!" Naruto said but got cut off by something hitting him I guess.

We all turned our heads in the direction it came from. "What was that?" Naruto asked. I heard the sound of heavy heavy wind coming. "Something's coming" I said focusing the chakra to my feet so I would go flying off. Large winds came flying at us with incredible speed. We all gasped or grunted as we blocked our faces. "What is it now?" Sasuke asked loudly.

All of us got separated from the wind. I walked around a bit and saw something familiar. "Sasuke?" I asked  he hopped out of the bushes and loocked at me. "Oh thank God it's you" I said sighing. "Hold on. What's the password?" Sasuke asked glaring at me. I widened my eyes and internally screamed. "Uhhhhhhhhh" I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Heh. I dont remember?" Oh God, I probably seem so suspicious. "That's what I expected." Sasuke said going back under the bush.

Wait what? Just like that?...wait..HEY! What does he mean that's what he expected! Hmph! I went under the bush with him and hid. Not much longer I heard footsteps behind us. Sasuke and I both jumped out of the bushes ready for whoever was there. "Sakura!" Sasuke said surprised "Sasuke! What was that?" Sakura said running towards us. "Stay there! First answer the question. When does a ninja strike?" Sasuke said putting up his kunai.