Chapter 33

"Can you hand me the cloth?" Sakura asked. I nodded and grabbed the cloth off the small tree branch. I handed it to her and she folded it, poured water on it, and squeezed most water out and switched it out with the one on Sasukes forehead. She handed the old on to me and I put it on the tree branch.

We both were sitting next to Naruto and Sasuke watching over them.
Sakura started dozing off but soon caught herself. "You can take a short nap if you want. I'll keep my eyes out for anything." I said giving her a weak smile. She shook her head but soon fell asleep in seconds. Oh alright then..

After a while she randomly jolts up and looks at Naruto and Sasuke. I watched confused as her face expression changes. Soon the bushes began rustling and Sakura and I grabbed out kunais as we turned our heads. A cute little squirrel was there eating a nut. "Oh man, don't surprise me like that, little guy." Sakura said sighing. The squirrel came running at us but I remembered about something. I gasped and threw a kunai right in front of it. The squirrel got scared and ran off in the other direction.

It was my time to sleep but I was still aware of my surroundings. "Some lookout. You're half asleep." I widened my eyes as I woke up. I stared at the direction the voice came from. "At least you dont have to keep watch anymore. What's the point after we've already found you? Now, wake Sasuke up. We want to fight him." I glared at them and Sakura and I stood up. Sakura slowly reached for her kunai and asked "What do you want here? I mean, what do you really want? I know Orochimaru was calling the shots from the shadows." Sakura said and it seemed that surprised the sound ninja.

"What's that strange bruise on the back of Sasuke's neck? You're behind this too, aren't you? And now you want to fight him when he can't defend himself?" Sakura added. "What in the world could he be thinking?" One of them said. "I cant stay quiet after hearing you talk to us like that. First, I'm going to kill these girls, and then I'm going to kill Sasuke." The other ninja said. I gripped my kunai tighter.

"Wait, Zaku." The lead sound ninja said. "What, why?" The other one asked. "It's so obvious. This is the color of dirt that's recently been dug up. And this kind of grass doesn't grow in a place like this. You know, if you're going to lay a trap, there's no point unless you make sure its actually hidden." The leader said. Sakura grunted because she was the one who laid it. "Ha, your just a joke. You threw your kunai knife, so that squirrel wouldn't spring the trap you set, huh?" The other ninja said.

"Now we kill her." The leader said. The three sound ninja jump up and towards us. Sakura grabbed her kunai and cut the thread that was holding up a huge log. The log was falling towards them and one of the ninja yelled "A log?" The main ninja yelled "She also laid a trap above? Watch out!" As the log got closer he put his hand on the log "Nice try, little girls." The log got demolished on seconds. "Tch" I grunted.

I got up ready to attack them. I jumped over Sasuke and Naruto ready to run over there. "Clearly, you have no talent as a ninja. Someone like you needs to make a little more of an effort, dont you think?" The lead ninja said. I clenched my jaw and said "watch Sasuke and Naruto for me, will ya?" I asked running out of the tree. As they got closer I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

"Leaf hurricane!" A voice yelled. I know that voice! "Lee!" I said happily. He jumped in front of Sakura and I. I noticed that he had the squirrel from earlier on his shoulder. "Looks like you also need to make more of an effort." Lee said. "Who are you?" The lead ninja asked. "I am the handsome devil of the Leaf Village, and my name is Rock Lee."

"Wha- what are you doing here, Lee?" Sakura asked. "I will always appear, anytime and anywhere that you are in trouble." Lee took off the squirrel and set him on the ground saying "This was really all thanks to you, little one. But now it is time for you to run along." I smiled at how sweet Lee is. "But right now on this test, I'm your enemy." Sakura said. "Sakura, (Y/n). I already told you. I will protect you until I die."

I blushed when he said that. I smiled a bit remembering his vow. "Yes. Thank you, Rock Lee." Sakura said. "Hmhm, thank you Lee!" I said desperately smiling. "It looks like I have no choice. Zaku, I'll let you have Sasuke." The lead ninja said throwing the scroll to the other sound ninja. "I'll take care of these three." The  leader said

"(Y/n), are you able to fight?" Lee asked. "Huh? Oh, yeah" I said nodding my head. "That guy with the bushy eyebrows is pretty good at taijutsu. It looks like I get to have some fun." The leader said. He started running at us and Sakura threw a kunai at him. He jumped over her kunai and Lee stuck his arm into the ground. He grabbed a huge root from the ground and the sound ninja bounced back. Lee said "I am positive that there is some kind of trick to your attack. Therefore, I will not waste my time trying to dodge it. After all, I have seen your jutsu before. Of course, having said that my odds are still shaky because it's three against two. I have to take a chance. One at a time."

Lee started unwrapping the bandages on his arm. "To protect the life of someone precious." Lee said through his clenched jaw. He put up his hands and disappeared from my sight. I barely saw it but he appeared under the sound ninja and kicked him right under his chin. As the sound ninja was in the air, Lee pushed himself up with his one hand. He went under the ninja and the bandages that remained on Lee's hand unraveled and tied around the ninja. He hugged his body so just his head was out and ready to hit the floor. "Take this, primary lotus!" Lee yelled as they got close to the ground. I noticed the other sound ninja stuck his hands in the ground.

They both hit the ground but when the dust cleared up there was a pile of soft dirt. "Ha, got you just in time. That impact could have been much worse for you." The sound ninja that stuck his hands into the ground said. The leader for his head out of the dirt pile. "What? This cannot be." Lee said.  "That is a frightening jutsu. It nearly took me out even though I landed on this soft dirt." The leader pulled up his sleeve "Now it's my turn"

I noticed that Lee was breathing heavily from that last jutsu. I looked around and tried to think of a plan. The guy ran towards Lee, but Lee was not able to go anywhere. I flashed over there and pushed him back a bit. Lee seemed shocked on how fast I got there. The guy punched but purposely missed and the wave of it made Lee and I feel odd. Everything looked wavy and off. "Your jutsu is indeed fast, but ours are even faster because it travels at the speed of sound." The leader said. Lee and I fell to our knees because of how dizzy we felt. The leader looked at us closely and said "Effort by itself does nothing. Now watch, we're going to show you something called the wall."

Word count- 1354