Chapter 91

Naruto and I shoved our hands into Kabuto harder. Kabuto went flying back in a ball of light. He flew right into the rock that was behind far away and caused a huge dent in it. Naruto and I were breathing heavily from it. I was smiling as I saw what it did to Kabuto.

Kabuto stood up and was breathing heavily as he stared at us. Naruto coughed blood and I looked at him worriedly. He started to wobble a bit and randomly started to fall back. "Naruto!" I yelled catching him before he hit the ground. I placed him on the ground slowly and Tsunade ran towards us. Naruto was making faint wheezing sounds. Kabuto took a step forward "And you? How can you be standing after that?" Tsunade asked. Kabuto took another step forward.

"I focused my chakra at the point of impact. Before they even hit me, I'd started healing myself. You see now why Lord Orochimaru values me so highly, not only for my skills and knowledge of jutsu, but most if all for my recuperative powers. No matter how great the injury, I can repair and re-energize any damaged cells. Naruto on the other hand, doesnt have that gift. He looks finished." Kabuto said. I looked down at Naruto and saw him trembling.

He took more steps towards us, but randomly made a loud grunt noise. He started to tremble. "What? No." He said and his glasses broke. He fell to his knees and soon on his face. I smirked seeing his face in the ground. I saw Narutos hand twitch out of the corner of my eye and I quickly looked over at him.

Tsunade put her ear against his chest and listened. "His heart is failing." Tsunade said. "Wait, wha-" I said frantically. She unzipped his jacket and put her hands above his chest and stomach. "The muscles surrounding his heart have been torn to shreds. How the heck did it happen and when? Wait, of course. That moment just before they separated. Naruto must have struck at his heart." Tsunade said and I widened my eyes. She put two fingers above his chest and a green light appeared. She tore his shirt down the middle.

She put her hands on his chest and more of the green light appeared. I stared at Narutos face with worry. "You're wasting your time. It's all over for him. With my last strength, I severed his heart's chakra network. I cut him off from getting any help from the demon, the Nine-Tailed Fox. And he hasn't the power to save himself. I'm telling you. He's finished. Dead. All your skills are useless now." Kabuto said.

"Oh, shut up! You'll be dead soon. I'll see to that." Tsunade said. I watched Narutos chest and saw how it wasnt raising and lowering anymore. I felt tears of fear well up in my eyes. "No. No. No." Tsunade started to say over and over again. I saw something drip onto the mark on Narutos stomach. I didnt even dare to look up to see if they were tears. My blurry vision made me widen my eyes. I cant lose him too!

An arm rose up and grabbed onto Tsunades necklace. "Hey. Don't forget our bet. Told you, I'd win." Naruto said with a faint smile. His arm slid down from the necklace. He closed his eyes and started to breath. I felt warm tears spill down my face. I smiled watching his chest go up and down. "He's.. still alive?" Kabuto asked. I grabbed onto Narutos hand and held it tight. Tsunade looked shocked and amazed. She relaxed her expression with a smile "To be Hokage. That's still your dream, Naruto, isnt it?" Tsunade asked picking up his hand and healing it.

"One more time. Just one more time for the last time." Tsunade picked up Narutos head and placed the necklace on him. "I want those words to be true."

I looked up and saw Jiraiya being thrown into the ground. Orochimaru came towards us quickly. "He's coming for the boy" Tsunade said. Before I could even react I felt something warm land on my cheek. I looked up and saw that Orochimaru stabbed Tsunade.

Tsunade coughed blood onto Orochimarus face. Orochimaru jumped back and the sword went back into his mouth. "Tsunade, you are the one person I wouldn't want to kill. Listen to me. If those brats are allowed to live, it will mean more trouble than you and your friends could ever imagine. Stay out of my way." Orochimaru said. "No. You listen to me. If I do nothing else, I will protect this boy." Tsunade said. "Ha. And how do you plan to do that? Look at you. Your body is shivering like a leaf in the wind. Besides, why would you, one of the Sannin, risk your life to save some lowly genins?" Orochimaru asked.

Tsunade coughed up more blood and looked up at him. "By saving them, I'm saving my home, the Village Hidden in the Leaves." Tsunade said. "You really think you're protecting the village?" Orochimaru asked. She looked back at us. "You see, this boy, this lowly little genin, has been chosen by gate to be Hokage someday." Tsunade said and Orochimaru chuckled. "What nonsense. Even if it is true, what of it? Who's acted about the Hokage? Only a fool would want that job." Orochimaru said and Tsunade seemed surprised. If I remember correctly, she said something similar to that.

She was quiet for awhile. "From now on, I'm gambling everything too. I'm putting my life on the line." Tsunade said. "Well, if you're really willing to throw your life away for the sake of one insignificant brat, I'm happy to accommodate you." Orochimaru yelled and spit out the sword again. He sliced her chest and stomach. She fell back and I stood up. "Lady Tsunade!" Shizune yelled. I walked infront of Naruto as Orochimaru walked over towards us. He's trying to take Sasuke and Naruro from me now? Theres no way I'll let him do that while I'm alive. "Now all that's left are you two." He said walking towards me.

I felt a bubbling anger raise in me. I've been a fool this whole mission and I know I have. I haven't talked at all and it's because my minds been drowned with worry for Sasuke, but the thought of this insensitive prick taking away Naruto too..I cant even handle it. I felt as if I had a boost of energy. That's not good, everytime I feel that it's the fox taking over. I felt myself snarling at him. "Ah, I remember that face of yours. I needed to change your sealing mark as well, right? Theres no need if you're just going to die." Orochimaru said grinning at me. "No one is dying here. The only people that might is you!" I growled. Orochimaru spit out his sword again. I stared at it in disgust, but ignored it.

Orochimaru threw his head back. I got ready to catch the sword. Theres not enough time to do anything else other then to stop it. As I put my arms up I felt something push me and I fell to the side. Tsunade jumped on top of Naruto and blocked the sword from hitting him.

"Hm you really are determined, arent, you? I'm impressed." Orochimaru said. "Didn't I make it clear enough, you fool? I meant what I said. I will die before I let you touch them." Tsunade said. "You're half dead already." Orochimaru said and kicked her off of him. She layed there shaking. "Ha. Such brave talk. But look at you, you're still trembling all over. Poor thing. You just can't shake off your fear of blood, can you? You see how pointless it is, and all of it for what? For the sake of an obnoxious little boy you don't even know? For the sake of a worthless village you left behind years ago?"

Tsunade stopped trembling. "What?" Orochimaru said confused. "No!" He shouted as Tsunade kicked him in the face. He hit the floor "You stopped the trembling. How?" Orochimaru asked. "I finally remembered something. I've been chosen as the Fifth Hokage of the Leaf Village." Tsunade said and the mark on her forward glowed and turned into black markings on her. "Wha- what's that mark?" Orochimaru asked.

Orochimaru stood up "Whatever you call yourself, it makes no difference. You may have conquered your inner weakness. But what about the rest of you? You can hardly expect to defeat me in your condition." Orochimaru said. Tsunade put her hands together. "No. Lady Tsunade, wait. Let me treat your wounds. Please, don't break the seal." Shizune shouted. A pink color glowed from her and her hair lifted up.

Steam came from her wounds and they began to heal. Orochimaru began to laugh "It seems I'm not the only person who's been spending their time discovering new jutsu. this one's very Impressive. How's it done?" Orochimaru asked. "My chakra, for years, I've stored it up in a space behind my forehead, saving it for just such an occasion. With this chakra reservoir, my body's ability to create new cells is accelerated. The cells dived rapidly, spreading throughout my body and generating any damaged organs. It's like having they ability to reincarnate myself. You see you can slash your way at me all you want, but I can't be killed."

Tsunade wiped blood on her arm. "Lady Tsunade!" Shizune yelled. "Lord Orochimaru!" Kabuto yelled. Orochimaru jumped back towards Kabuto. They all were doing summoning signs. "Summoning jutsu!" They all yelled.

Gamabunta, the huge snake, and a big slug appeared. Naruto and I were on top of the slug with Tsunade. They were all looking at eachother. I crawled over to Naruto and sat next to him. There's nothing I can do right now other then not getting in the way. This is between the Legendary Sannins now.

Word count- 1675