Chapter 20

Haku kept telling us to kill him. "I thought you wanted to be a mighty warrior" Haku said. "That's not what its about. Do you really believe that's all there is to it, just fighting and killing until there's only one man left standing? There's a lot more of being a shinobi than that, and there are other ways of showing your strength then just beating someone in battle." Naruto yelled.

"I had a feeling all along, from the first moment we met in the woods. We are a lot alike...I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm only sorry that it must be your hand that is tainted with my unworthy blood." Haku said. "Sure about this? And you're positive that it's the only way?" Naruto asked. "Yes."

"The weird thing is, if we met in another time and place, I think that maybe we could have been friends." Naruto said. He pulled out a kunai and ran towards Haku. "Yes, that's right. Hold fast to your dreams." Haku said not moving at all. "This is for Sasuke because he also had a dream!" Naruto yelled as he ran at Haku. Naruto striked at Haku but Haku grabbed his hand and dodged it.

"Sorry, Naruto, change of plan." Haku said holding onto Naruto wrist. Haku started weaving hand signs with one. Damn it! I ran forward and he said "I'm not ready to die quite yet." Haku jumped up and over to somewhere else. I followed him with my eyes and saw he was going to Kakashi and Zabuza.

What is he planning to do!? I looked closer and saw that Kakashi was holding a bright light looking thing. I ran forwards a little but soon saw Haku jump right in front of Zabuza...what the... so that's why..

"Huh? What? Where'd he go? Huh? Hey! Uh! The fog's lifting." Naruto yelled behind me. Naruto looked in my direction and said "wait, is that him?" He ran towards me and stopped next to me. Blood fell into a puddle at Hakus feet. I looked at Naruto and he just looked shocked and confused. "What? I don't get it.  What the heck's going on here?" Naruto asked.

Zabuza grabbed his sword and was going to swing it at Kakashi. He'd hack right through Haku just to take Sensei out? " I knew I'd found a treasure when I found you, boy." Zabuza said. Kakashi-sensei wasnt jumping anywhere and I followed his hands with my eyes and noticed that Haku was gripping his hand tightly. Kakashi grabbed Haku and jumped back, causing Zabuza to miss them. "Not bad for having corpse in your arms" Zabuza said. "You'll pay for that!" Naruto yelled.

"No, stay out of this, Naruto." Kakashi yelled. Kakashi-sensei later Haku on the ground. Kakashi put his hand over Hakus face, probably closing his eyes. "This is my battle. Zabuza's mine." Kakashi said. I turned around and walked back a bit. "Naruto? Naruto! (Y/n)! Over here! Naruto!" Sakura yelled. I closed my eyes tightly and clenched my fists. Sakura...

"So you two and Sasuke are all right?" Sakura asked. Damn it. I walked over to Sasuke. I bit my lip. "Uh- um." Naruto said. "What's wrong? Where is Sasuke anyway?" Sakura asked. I walked closer to Sasukes body. I can't take it. I ran over to him. The closer I got the more pain I felt. I knelt down and cupped his face. "Why, sasuke? When we were children you said you'll always protect me. How can you do that when...you're like this. How!" I yelled as tears ran down my cheek.

~flashback~

"Sasuke!" I yelled as tears ran down my face. "Huh? What happened!" Sasuke asked cupping my face. "Those to boys called me a tomato and pulled my hair!" I yelled pointing at two boys laughing. Sasuke growled and let go if me. "Stay here." He said walking to the boys, he walked up and punched them right in the face. I gasped. "Dont expect that to be the last time!" Sasuke yelled walking back. "Thank you, Sasuke! You're so cool!" I yelled hugging him. "I'll always protect you. I Promise. Promise to always protect me?" Sasuke asked smiling. "Promise!"

~Flackback end~

"Heh. That was before the Uchiha incident, you used to smile a lot, I miss that. I remember Itachi scolded us after that, but ended up praising you for being a good kid and protecting me. Im sorry I didnt keep my promise." I heard footsteps above me and I looked up. Sakura. They both gasped. "I'm sorry.." I just whispered. Sakura fell on her knees and touched his face. "Oh, his body's cold. This isnt just one of his genjutsu tricks, is it?" Sakura I asked. I bit my lip hard and shook my head. "Go on. You dont need to be brave on our account. Go ahead and let your feelings out, Sakura. It's all right." Tazuna said.

"I was the best, aced every test at the academy- the perfect student. Did you know there are more than 100 principles of Shinobi conduct? I memorized every single one. I used to love it when they tested us on them- gave me a chance to show how smart I was. I remember so clearly this one exam. They asked us to explain the 25th principle. I got it right, of course." Sakura started crying really hard. I had tears go down my face, but I had no facial expression, nothing.

"A Shinobi never shows his feeling, no matter what the circumstances. Feelings are a weakness that only cloud his judgment and weaken his sense of duty." Sakura fell down and sobbed in Sasuke chest. I cant take this anymore. I grabbed Sasuke hand and held it tightly. "I'm sorry..I broke my promise, Sasuke" I whispered squeezing his hand.

Words count- 980