Chapter 62

"Welcome all, and our deepest thanks for coming here to the Village Hidden in the leaves for this year's Chunin Selection. We have come to the final competition between the 10 candidates who made it though the preliminaries. We ask that no one leaves untill all the matches have been completed. Now everyone enjoy." The Hokage announced

"Oh, there's one more thing before we get stared." The proctor said and pulled out the paper with who we're fighting "Look it over." I noticed some of the names were different. "There's been a slight change in the match-ups. But now it's set, so everyone take one last look at who you'll be facing." The person I'm fight is still the same.

"Uh, question. Question." Naruto said raising his arm up. The proctor put the paper away "What is it?" "I was just wondering what will happen to Sasuke? I mean, if he doesn't show up?" Naruto asked. "If a candidate is not here in the arena at the time his name is called, he forfeits the match." I widened my eyes for a second and turned around towards the gate. Where are you, Sasuke?

"Alright, listen up. The train's different, but the rules are the same as before. That is that there are no rules. The match continues until one candidate acknowledges defeat or dies. That being said, if I determined that a match is over, I can step in and stop it at any time. And no arguments permitted. Understood? These are the opponents for the first match. Naruto Uzumaki, Neji Hyuga. Those two stay. The rest of you can go to the waiting area."

I turned to Naruto and smiled at him. I gave him a thumbs up "Good luck!" I said and walked off with Shikamaru. I'm really nervous about his fight considering what Neji did to Hinata. I sighed and looked down. "He'll be fine. You saw the fight he put up against Kiba" Shikamaru said still looking forward. "Yeah, thanks Shikamaru." I said lifting my head up again. We got to the area and looked at the upcoming fight.

"You got anything to say to me?" Neji asked. Naruto raised his fist straight towards him. "Only what I told you the last time.. I vow to win!" Naruto said angrily. Neji activated his Byakugan. He chuckled a bit and got in his stance. "So much better for me. I can't wait to see the look of despair on your face when you learn that your foolish vow is impossible to keep." "Are we going to stand here talking all day? Lets get going. Show me what you've got." Strong winds surrounded them. "Alright. Now let the first match begin."

They stood there staring at each other. Neji was slowly shuffling his feet towards Naruto. Randomly, Naruto threw two kunais. Neji stopped the kunais with another kunai. Naruto then was running at him. "You idiot! A frontal attack will never work." A voice like Kibas yelled. Naruto went to punch Neji but he caught his hand. Neji pushed Naruto behind him so he would fall. As Naruto was about to hit the ground he jumped away.

Naruto jumped back at Neji and started to try to punch him, but every time Neji would stop his punch. Naruto was then trying to kick him. "Naruto, watch out!" Sakura yelled from the crowd. Naruto got too close to Neji. Neji moved to the side directly in front of him. He hit Naruto causing him to go back a bit. Nejis hand slowly came closer to Naruto. I rememberd Nejis fight with Hinata. When she got hit the outcome wasn't great. "Naruto, he can see your chakra points." Sakura yelled.

Neji stuck two of his fingers right in Narutos shoulder. Hitting one directly can affect chakra flow, either halting it or increasing it depending on how the attacker strike the chakra points. I rememberd what Kakashi said. Oh no. Naruto went rolling back holding his shoulder but it looked like Neji may have missed it.

"Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me." Neji said. "Heh. Get real. I was just checking you out, that's all." Naruto stood up "Okay, now that we're warmed up, we can get started." He put his hands in a familiar sign and I smirked "Shadow Clone Jutsu." Naruto created 4 clones. That'll confuse him. Good job, Naruto.

The clones pulled out a kunai. Neji stared at them for a few seconds "No matter. You can't hide for long." "Well, we'll just see about that." All the clones said. "If you're coming then come on." Neji said. "Hey, dont ever, dont ever, I mean, never count me out." Different clones said. 4 clones ran at Neji. He jumped over them and two clones came running at him again with kunais. He hit there arms so they'll be thrown to the side.

Naruto came running at him and kicked his leg. Neji went up in the air but something seemed off. Neji jumped back. Ah, so he didnt hit him. "Not bad." Naruto said "But let's see you do that again." A clone said. The clones ran towards him and to the side of him. "Come on." They said. They ran towards him on his sides and Neji jumped up. He started spinning and hit one clone on top of his head and the other under his head with his feet.

Two clones were coming and hit from behind with kunais. He grabbed their arms before they stabbed him and pulled them forward. When the clones turned around the got hit by Neji. They went flying up and back towards the real Naruto. They hit the ground and poofed away. "This guy, he must have eyes in the back of his head." Naruto said and Neji walked up to one of the clones on the floor. He picked it up and hit it so it would poof away.

"You thought you could beat Hokage? It's absurd. Never. These eyes of mine show me many things. One thing they've shown me, people's limitations are set, fixed and unchangeable. Only a fool waste his time trying to become something he can never be." Neji said. Naruto looked angry and put his hand into a fist "A fool, huh? Not this crap again. Who are you to judge what a person can or can't be."

"Do you think anyone can be Hokage? That all it take is a little hard work? Open your eyes. Of all the Shinobi in all the world, think how few ever become Hokage. They were destined to be Hokage. It's not something you become merely by trying to become it. They were chosen by destiny. Each person is given his own path to follow. And he must follow obediently to the end. There is one destiny we all share equally. Death."

Naruto seemed surprised by that. "Yeah? So what? You can think that way if you want. People always tell me I just don't know when to give up. Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto created around 100 clones.

Word count- 1187