Chapter 61

Naruto and I separated our paths and went on our own for tonight. I guess we both wanted to just think about tomorrow. I can tell he's nervous about fighting Neji tomorrow, I mean, who wouldn't? After what he did to Hinata. I would be nervous to fight him too. And I'm nervous about my fight tomorrow because I have no idea who I'm fighting. If only I calmed down and didn't have to leave for a minute I would've saw the fight.

As I was walking I saw the back of Naruto at the Ichiraku ramen. I waved at Ayame and she waved back as I walked by. I would eat with him but I'm not in the mood for something big. Maybe I'll get dango? Yeah, let's do that.

I walked towards the dango shop. I wonder how Sasuke is? I haven't seen him in so long. This may be the longest it's been since I haven't seen him. I hope he'll be alright fighting against Gaara. I know how strong both of them are, but I don't know what Sasuke learned from Kakashi this past month. I walked into the dango shop and ordered 1.

I walked out eating my dango. I wonder how Itachi is? Jeez, I haven't seen him in so long either. I wonder if he's still way taller than me. I wonder if he still likes dango? I laughed to myself remembering how much he liked it. If only I can go back in time and enjoy those moments one more time.

I finished my dango and threw away my trash. Maybe I'll just go to bed early today. Yeah, I'll do that. As I was walking home I saw Shikamaru and I waved at him. He waved back and walked into a small shop. As I walked passed it I saw him talking to his dad with two other guys. Those guys were probably Inos and Chojis dads.

~

I walked up the the front door and unlocked it. I locked the door and took off my shoes and set them aside. I got chaged into my Pjs and got into bed. I wonder where Naruto is? I honestly don't care if I get hurt tomorrow as long as Naruto or Sasuke doesn't. I'm really screwed because I have no idea what skills my opponent has.

As I was laying there thinking I heard the front door open. He flicked on the light and I guess he saw me because he mumbled "Oh, oops" and then he turned off the light again. He walked out for a little bit and soon walked back in. He got into his bed and layed down. I guess he thinks I'm asleep, but theres no way I can sleep right now. I'm so scared for tomorrow and if I dont go to sleep right now I'm going to be tired for tomorrow.

I kept waking up randomly throughout the night and as I was about to fall back asleep I heard Naruto shuffle in his bed and saw him looking out of the window. I guess he is having a hard time sleeping. I looked at the clock and realized it was really late. I got out of bed and walked over to Narutos. I layed down next to him and said "Don't worry. You'll be fine and you'll definitely win." He continued to look out the window "thanks"

~

The clock started to go off and Naruto and I woke up. Naruto just stared forward blankly with a tired look on his face. I got up to make breakfast. I'm making a real breakfast and not ramen. I got out the eggs and bread. We don't have that much time so it has to be quick.

I made eggs and toast quickly and we both ate. We both got dressed and walked out the door. As we were walking I realized I forgot my shuriken holster. How can I even forget that? "Ah, I forgot something! I'll meet you there!" I said to Naruto and turning around. I started to run back to the apartment.

I ran in through the door and quickly grabbed it. I put it around my leg and looked at the time. I have enough time to walk there but I wont be able to meet up with Naruto. I walked out and locked the door.

I really hope everything goes well. I'm so nervous to the point I'm forgetting extremely important stuff. I'm so worried about Naruto and Sasuke. If Sakura was actually fighting today, that would add more stress. Everyone left is strong I think. I mean, I dont know about the guy I'm fighting. Naruto never said anything to me about him so I don't know if that a good thing or a bad thing. Also, I'm the last fight so I don't want people to think the last round was boring.

Ugh, I need to stop thinking about what others will think and worry about my opponent. "Sasuke Uchiha is fighting so I'm definitely watching that fight." A guy said as I walked past him "But you know who he's fighting, right? I heard he was extremely strong." The guy with him said.

Ugh my stomach feels like it's doing cartwheels. I can't stop worrying over them. The arena is just up ahead so hopefully I'll get to see Naruto and Sasuke. Seeing them will definitely calm me down! I began to run towards the big building. There were two guys at the entrance. I slowed down and smiled "Name?" One of the guys asked. "(Y/n) Uzumaki!" "Oh, you're fighting, correct?" The other asked. I nodded my head and smiled again. "Well, good luck" "yeah" they said smiling back at me "thanks!"

I walked in and noticed the crowd already sitting. "Wow!" I said looking around at the huge amount of people. Wait, Sasuke and Naruto! I looked down at the line of opponents and saw how neither of them were here yet. I felt my anxiety come back and I began to sweat. Where is Naruto and Sasuke! "(Y/n)" a familiar voice said. I turned my head a bit to see Shikamaru. "Oh, Shikamaru." I said walked forward and getting in the line next to him.

I looked at the line again and noticed that quite a few were gone. They shot stuff in the air signaling it was starting I guess. "Where's everyone else?" I asked Shikamaru. "I have no clue. Dosu is gone too" Shikamaru said sighing. Oh yeah, Shikamaru has to fight him.

~

After us standing here for around 5 minutes. I heard yelling and.. cows mooing? It sounds like Naruto a little, the yelling not the mooing. All of a sudden Naruto came flying in while yelling. He slid across the floor and right infront of Shikamaru and I. Well, that was a big entrance, I guess. Shikamaru and I both picked up Naruto and held him up with our shoulders. "Oh man, what a drag." Shikamaru said and Naruto just groaned.

He randomly stood up and yelled "Guys run! You wont believe this, but there's a huge herd of stampeding bulls coming this way!" I just stared at him with a worried expression. "What? Yeah, you're right. I dont believe it." "Did you hit your head when you slid across the floor?" I asked. "I'm serious. There must be a million of them coming right this.. way." He looked at the line of opponents and stopped yelling.

"Hey, wait. Where's Sasuke?" Naruto asked. "I'm fighting Dosu, but he's missing too." Shikamaru said. "Hey, knock it off. Quit your fidgeting you three. Stand up straight and present yourself proudly to the spectators." the proctor said looking back at us. Naruto looked up and noticed them all cheering. So, this is when it begins. The proctor looked up and said "You guys are the heroes of this final competition."

Word count- 1326