Chapter 37

Naruto and I was about to dive into the water to get some fish. We both created shadow clones to help us out. I took off my jacket so I was just in my under shirt and Naruto didnt have a shirt on. "Breakfast time" all Naruto clones said. "Shadow clone fishing jutsu. Bombs away." Narutos shadow clones said as we jumped into the water.

Sasuke was on land and threw kunais to catch fish. I swam around but it was so hard to catch a fish. I popped up but left my shadow clones fishing. I watched as Sasuke threw three kunais and stuck fish between them and a tree. I clapped as three fish stuck to the tree. "I got one!" One of my shadow clones yelled. I turned around and high fived them.

Naruto popped his head up from under water breathing heavily. "Well? Come, is that it? I only got three and (Y/n) got one. Now, go and do it again." Sasuke said to Naruto. "What!" Naruto started growling at him. "I can eat three fish myself." Sasuke said. "Well, if you think it's so easy, why don't you get wet and I'll stand on the shore!" Naruto yelled splashing around.

"Sasuke! The fire's ready to light. I could use one of your fireballs." Sakura yelled. "Ugh, I've got to do everything around here." Sasuke said turning around and walking off. I huffed and folded my arms. "Huh? You do, huh? What have me and (Y/n) been doing?" Naruto yelled.

~

We were cooking the fish on the fire."Its already been four days since the second exam began." Sasuke said.  "That's right." Sakura said. "We're sure not going to break any records. And we only have 24 hours left." "I wonder how many of the other teams have already got their scroll and finished." Sakura said. I sighed and looked down. I'm not sure we'll be able to do this.

While we were eating the fish, Sakura put her fish down and said "We have to face it, there may not be anymore heaven scrolls left." I sighed and said "Well, that's a cheerful thought." "Maybe so, but it's true. Look you said it yourself, Sasuke. This is the fourth day we've been out here. That means we've already used up 80% of the time we've got to complete the exam. Only 13 teams can pass because there are only 13 pairs of Heaven and earth scrolls. And you've got 26 teams, 78 candidates out looking for them. And if those odds weren't bad enough, things have gotten even worse. Don't forget that creep Orochimaru burnt the heaven scroll we had."

"Yeah, I remember." Sasuke said nodding. "The number of complete pairs of scrolls that could be found was reduced by one right there. Not to mention all the ones that have been found and secured by other teams since then." Sakura said. "Maybe we gave ourselves too much time to rest and recover from our last fight, I don't know. What I do know is that we've got to get serious now and make up for lost time. The next enemy we face could be out last chance." Sasuke said. I stood up and said "I'm going to get water" I began walking off but Sasuke said. "Me too" he stood up so I stopped and turned around to wait for him.

We walked next to each other quietly. I was blushing from embarrassment from what I said earlier. I was expecting expecting him to bring it up soon but he wasn't even saying anything. He wouldn't be mad, right? "Sasuke?" I asked looking down. "hn?" "Are you upset with me?" I looked down and squeezed my hands together. "Why would I be upset?" He asked looking at me "I don't know. I'm just surprised you haven't...mentioned..what I said to you earlier." I blushed a bit looking up at him. He looked surprised that I actually said it. He put his hand on my head while smirking and sighed "After the test we'll talk about it. Let's hurry back after we get water" I nodded my head and filled up my cup.

As we were walking back I heard something odd. I put my hand out and stopped Sasuke from walking. "Huh? What is it?" He asked. I slowly walked up and peeked over the rock as he followed. We saw a guy talking to Naruto and Sakura. We both widened our eyes. Sasuke started running towards them but as I looked closer I saw how it was the guy from before, Kabuto. "Sasuke!" I ran in front of him to make him stop running. "Its Kabuto! Not an enemy" Sasuke stopped running and looked closer.