Chapter 19

Naruto and I yell as we charge at Haku. You took my Sasuke! Haku threw needles at us, but just from us yelling they flew off. We ran at Haku but he went in his mirrors. Pathetic. Haku threw needles at us and they all stabbed us. Nothing. We both yelled, standing up, they all went flying out of us. Enough playing around! Naruto went to the mirror that had the real Haku in it. He hit it causing it to break like glass.

The real Haku came out and was going to strike from above. Naruto jumped and spun around and haku hit the ground. Haku tried to go into a mirror but I grabbed his foot before he can go inside. I swung Haku around and stared deeply at Haku. I'll never forgive you. I yelled loudly as the power of the chakra made everything fill with smoke.

I held tightly on Hakus arm. I groaned in anger. I clenched my fist and felt the chakra focus there. I grunted as I pulled back my fist. You'll pay for what you did. I shoved my fist in his face causing Haku to fly and break some mirrors. I put my head down. All my memories of Sasuke were flashing right before my eyes. All the mirrors broke with a loud crash. I slowly looked up and glared at Haku.

Naruto and I yelled as we ran towards Haku. I noticed that his mask cracked and fell off. Naruto and I both jumped into the air ready to punch Haku..we didn't. The look in his eyes, it snapped me to reality. "So that guy in the woods- that was you?" Naruto asked. Oh, I guess he does look familiar. "Why do you not strike? Did you not just vow to avenge your comrades death by killing me? Or was that vow just empty words?" Haku asked. I clenched my teeth. I looked back at Sasuke and saw him..laying there.

Naruto grunted and punched Haku in the face. Haku fell back on the floor and coughed blood. "And no- that won't do. You two are still holding back. If that is all the strength you can put into it, you will never keep your vow. Perhaps he didnt mean as much to you as you pretend." Haku said. I grunted.

"To show mercy to those who oppose the one thing you serve- to allow their enemies to live when you could strike them down- this is not compassion. It is betrayal of your lifes very purpose. For what reason do you exist then? You're of use to no one. Your life has no meaning. It is mere existence- day after say of pain and struggle- signifying nothing." Haku said.

"Yeah, well, speak for yourself." Naruto said. "Are you really that blind, little one? I am speaking of myself. This day has shown that I am no longer of any use to Zabuza." Haku said. "Zabuza. Why that guy anyway? To devote your life to a rotten skunk who doesn't know the meaning of the word honor. If hes really the one person that matters to you- man, that's the sorriest thing I've ever heard." Naruto yelled. I can't even say anything, everything feels so numb.

"There were once others who mattered to me long ago. My father and my mother. I was born in the Land of Water in a small village where the snow lies deep in the winter. My parents were farmers and very poor. Our life was hard, but we were content. My parents were good to each other and kind to me. Yes, we were happy once. But then everything changed. Because of something that happened long ago before I was even born, everything changed." Haku said

"What do you mean? What was it? What happened?" Naruto asked. "It wasn't my doing. It is in the blood." Haku said looking down. "Blood?...So what was it? You said something happened that changed everything!" Naruto yelled. "It was my father who changed. He killed my mother, and he almost killed me. After years of suffering the horrors of civil war, the people of my land had come to fear and hate anyone who carried the Kekkei Genkai in their blood." "Kekkei Genkai?" Naruto asked

"The advanced bloodline trait of a clan. Its jutsu and abilities passed down from generation to generation. Because of their unique abilities, the clans were used as mercenaries. They fought in many battles and were much feared. But when the war was over, they were despised and shunned by the people who feared their presence would only bring more war and misfortune. So it was that after the wars, these clans went into hiding- denying the bloodline trait that flowed in their veins, concealing their unique abilities- knowing that to be discovered meant certain death. If you had only searched that boy's memories, I'm sure you would have found it there, too. The cruelty of people- their fear of things they dont understand. For years, my mother was successful in hiding her bloodline trait. She met and fell in love with a simple farmer. And they were married. And after that, my mother thought she could lead a peaceful, ordinary life to the end of her days. I showed my mother what I can do and she freaked out. My father had seen- and so he knew our secret- my mother's and mine. When at last I was myself again, I was no longer myself. My father and mother were gone, but I knew that something else had been taken from me- something even more important. And that is when I truly despaired."

"More important than your mother and father? What?" Naruto asked. "My purpose. In all the world, there was no one who needed me. I was unneccessary." Haku said. Just like..us!

"Why is it you're so determined to be Hokage? Because you want all eyes in your village to look on you and recognize you as a great ninja. You see, it is only through the eyes of others that our little lives have any significance. When there is no one who sees you or will even look at you, it's as if you do not exist. Then Zabuza came along and looked at me, and his eyes were not full of hate or fear. He did not shun me for my strangeness. Indeed, my special powers were just what he wanted. He made me necessary again....I was happy.........I have failed you, Zabuza. I am like a weapon that had been broken and is of no further use."

Haku walked closer to us and we backed up slightly. "Naruto, (Y/n). Kill me." Haku said blankly. What? "Go on. Strike. Kill me. Why do you hesitate?" Haku said just blankly staring at us. Naruto grunted and back up "Thats the most ridiculous story I've ever heard! I mean, he treats you like a slave. You're a human being, not a weapon or a tool. How can you care about someone like that?" Naruto yelled.

"For that very reason. Does that seem so strange to you?" Haku asked. "Well, yeah. A little." Naruto said. "When he found me, I was without a purpose or reason for living. Zabuza gave me both. But now, my usefulness is over. The only thing that gave my life meaning- it's gone. I am a broken tool- a blunted weapon of no use to anyone. Go on, you two, do it. For both of our sakes, do it- quickly."

Word count- 1266