Chapter 108

I've been training more lately. Naruto is still in the hospital resting, but he keeps trying to escape. I have a few bandages here and there, but there was no need for me to stay at the hospital any longer. Everything just seems more.. quiet and I have a hard time focusing sometimes. I've seen Lee training sometimes and I'm glad that the surgery went well. I'm just waiting for Naruto to get better so we can train together. I'll go visit him I guess.

~

I knocked on the door and opened to see Naruto tied up on the bed with rope and Shizune there. "What did he do this time?" I asked sighing and walking over to them. "He escaped." She said writing stuff down on her clip board. "Heh. Makes sense." I said smiling. "Where were you today?" Naruto asked squirming. "Training again" I said stretching. "Oh man, she gets to train!" Naruto said. "Well, she's not as badly injured like you!" Shizune shouted back. "But if you keep training all day without a break you'll worsen your state and be in his shoes." Shizune said looking over at me. "Oh, I know, but I do take some breaks" I said and someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" Shizune said. The door slid open to show Sakura. "Oh, hey Sakura. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten. If it was up to me I wouldn't still be here, but my hands are kind of tied." Naruto said waving even though his hands were tied together. Sakura stared at us blankly. "He's making a remarkable recovery, but he mustn't push himself." Shizune said. "No, please, I keep telling you, I'm alright!" Naruto said squirming to sit up. "Lie down. You need to rest." Shizune said in his face.

Shizune started to walk out of the room and left. Sakura wasn't saying anything and I thought it was weird. Naruto began to giggle "Okay, so we'll have to wait a little longer. But I'm still gonna keep my promise, no matter what." Naruto said. "No, Naruto. It's okay." She said. We both looked at her confused. "Huh?"

"Up till now, all I've done is rely on you. I see now that was a mistake." Sakura said. "I don't get it, Sakura. Are you mad at me, or something?" Naruto asked. "No, far from it. In fact, just seeing you has made me more than I was before." Sakura said and turned around. What is she talking about? "Are you alright, Sakura?" I asked and she turned her head towards me. "Of course" she said smiling.

She continued walking and put her hand on the handle. She slid it open a little bit and I saw her face in the window reflection. Her facial expression.. She turned her head towards us and smiled "Its time I started carrying my weight." She said. It Naruto and I by surprise. She walked out and before she slid the door shut she looked at us with that same facial expression.

"Oh, Sakura" Naruto whispered. "So, I hear you snuck out." A familiar voice said beside me. I jumped realizing it was Pervy sage. "You wanna start training that bad, huh?" Pervy sage said eating an apple from Narutos fruit basket. "When did you get here? Hey! Pervy sage, that's mine!" Naruto shouted. "Thatta boy. You're recovering nicely. In fact, we could start training any time now." Pervy sage said. "Hey, uh, about my training. I was wondering, you think maybe we could hold off for a while?" Naruto said and turned his head away from us.

"I mean, believe me, it isnt like I don't want to train. But I just remembered that I've got a few odds and ends to take care of first. You know?" Naruto said. I looked out of the window and watched as Sakura left the hospital. So that's what he's talking about. "A few odds and ends, huh?" Pervy sage said. "Please. Just for a little while?" Naruto asked. Pervy sage took another bit from a different fruit while he thought about something.

~

It's a bit lonely at night with Naruto gone. Sasuke gone adds up with it. Sometimes I wake up and think about seeing him, cant exactly do that yet. It's been a while since Naruto has been at the hospital and Sasuke being who knows where. I'm just waiting for when they can return home so it isn't that lonely and we can start training. Sakura is also starting to worry me. That face she made when she had her back turned towards us worried me. I hope she isnt planning something..