Chapter 55

Naruto and I stepped out and walked over to Ebisu. He was sprawled out on the floor on his stomach. "Hey. Perv, you awake?" I asked. Naruto bent down "One way to find out. Hidden Finger jutsu." He stuck his finger into his bum. "1,000 years of death!" I just stared at Naruto with my eyebrows furrowed. I mean, you could've poked him with a stick..

Ebisu had absolutely no reaction. "Man, he's totally out of it. Some trainer. He's pathetic." Naruto said and I just nodded my head. "Okay frogman. What was that all about? Who do you think you are, anyway?" Naruto asked. The guy lifted his arms and flipped his hair. "I'm glad you asked! Im the Hermit of Mount Myiboku. The wise and immoral spirit. It is I, the Toad Mountain Sage!"

"What? Toad Sage?" Naruto asked. "Exactly." The toad under the guy poofed away. "Well, listen, you pervy sage, what are you going to do about this? This guy is supposed to be training us, and you laid him out flatter than a bath mat!" Naruto yelled. "Well, he shouldn't have interfered with my research." Pervy Sage said. "Your research?" I asked. "You see, I'm a novelist. I am writer of great books, like this." Pervy Sage pulled put a familiar book.

Wait, Kakashi-sensei reads that book! "You wrote that?" Naruto and I yelled pointing at him. "Yes. I see you know it." Pervy sage said smiling. "You call that pervy trash a novel? Research. Yeah, right. Just an excuse for you to peek at the girls in the bathhouse." Naruto yelled. The sound of girls screaming appeared and Pervy Sage screamed. "Look at what you've done. You ruined my peeking. I mean my research."

I shook my head "tch.. tch.. tch" "Dirty old man." Naruto said. The guy ran up to us "You littles- there's nothing dirty about it. I happen to be a serious artists who's inspired my youth and beauty. That's all. And-" "Yeah. Whatever. Like anyone believes that. Who cares anyway? What about our training?" Naruto yelled. "Your training? You mean the Walking On Water technique you two were having so much trouble with?" "You can do it?" I asked. "Okay, then it's up to you to teach it to us. You at least owe me that," Naruto said pointing at him.

"Heh. Stop bothering me, kids. I'm busy." Pervy Sage walked past us and Naruto groaned "Hey, wait! Come back here, you pervy sage. Where's your sense of responsibility? You've got to train us." Naruto said. Pervy sage violently turned around and yelled "Not on your life! I can't work with someone who has no respect for a true artist." Naruto and I both flinched

"Besides, I dont like kids." He added. "Uh, actually, we thought your book, "Make-out Paradise", was, uh, really well-written, and interesting, and informative." Naruto said "Liar. The purchase and reading of that book is prohibited for anyone under the age of 18." Pervy sage said. "Oh, yeah. But the reviews I read were great!" Naruto said. "Do you really think that's going to work on me? What do you take me for, an idiot? I'm a goddam sage! Save your breath, kid. You can't butter me up." The guy jumped back on the railing and the wind began to pick up.

"Okay, you're right. Sorry. You cant- awh" Naruto said trying to stay put. We both blocked our faces from the wind. The guy started laughing "So long, and good luck!" He just jumped away. "That was cool! I don't care if he is a dirty old man. That guy's the real deal!" Naruto said. We both ran into the direction he went, leaving Ebisu.

~

Naruto and I were running around looking for the old guy. "Hey! Pervy sage, where are you?" Naruto yelled. "Where'd he disappear to?" Naruto asked. "Maybe he's at a place where pervs will be." I said tapping my head. Naruto smiled and pointing at me. "Good idea." We both ran again.

As we were running I heard a woman scream. "Bingo." I said running in the direction as it. "No, no, wait!" I heard a familiar voice yell. There was a loud slap noise and a crash. "What do you think you're doing, you disgusting old man?" A womans voice yelled. Naruto and I just stopped and watched. A lady came out of the shop and a familiar old guy did too "I'm sorry, but you have such a beautiful pair of soft and lovely, uh, hands! You really do have beautiful hands. How do you keep them so soft?"