Chapter 26

Worst enemy?... "First, you candidates from the village hidden in the sand, knock it off. Who told you you could fight? You want to be failed before we've even begun?" Ibiki said. "Sorry. It's out first time. Guess we're a little jumpy, sir." The sound ninja said. Ibiki smirked a bit then said "I'll say this once, so listen up. There will be no combat between candidates. No attacking each other without the permission of your proctor. And even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately. Got it?"

Everyone was quiet. "Heh. No fatal force? That's no fun." One of the sound ninja said. "Now, if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chunin exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number. This number determines where you will sit. We'll start the written test once you're all seated." Ibiki said holding up a peice of paper with a 1 on it. "The what? Did he say..written?" Naruto asked. One of the guys held up a lot of paper. "No! Not a written test! No way!" Naruto yelled getting on the ground.

~

Ummmm.....WHY!? When all the numbers were out, we were all separated. I dont know if I can see where my team is because I'm to scared to move. Out of everyone I had to sit next to had to be the most scariest guy, Gaara. Ahhhhhhh! I feel to tense to move or look around. How am I suppose to focus on the test? I looked up at Gaara a bit. He has red hair like me and pale skin. As I was focusing on his details I didn't realize I was staring.  He didnt move his head but he looked at me out of the corners of his eyes. AH. I smiled a bit and he looked confused again.

Since he didnt demolish me from looking at him, I feel more at ease. I looked around ahead of me and saw Naruto. He had his head in hands and it looked like he was freaking out. Written exams are definitely not his strong point at all. I looked around a little more and saw that Hinata was sitting next to him. That's good. Loud tapping on the chalkboard appeared and so did Ibiki.

"Everyone, eyes front. There are a few rules you need to be aware of. And I won't answer any questions. So you better pay attention the first time around." No questions? Ibiki started writing on the chalkboard "Alright. Rule number one is this. The written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what some of your may be used to, you'll all begin the test with a perfect score of 10 points. One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So of you miss three, your score will be seven."

And if Naruto misses 10, his final score will be zero. "Rule number two. Teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all three members." Uh oh. I face palmed myself hard enough to make Gaara look at me. "What? Wait a second. You're saying we all get scored as a team?" Sakura yelled out. "Silence! I have my reasons, so shut up and listen." Ibiki yelled. We're screwed.

"Rule number three. The sentinels you see positioned around the room are there to watch you carefully for any signs of cheating. And for every incident they spot, they will subtract two points from the culprit's score. Be warned their eyes are extremely sharp. And if they catch you five times, you'll be dismissed before the tests are even scored." Sheesh. "Anyone fool enough to be caught cheating by the sentinels doesnt deserve to be here." Ibiki said. One of the guys sitting on the side said "I've got my eye on you, guys."

"If you want to be considered Shinobi, then show us what exceptional Shinobi you can be." Alright, Sasuke, Sakura, and I should be fine so even if Naruto gets a zero we should be fine. "One more thing. If a candidate should get a zero and fail the test, then the entire team fails." WHAT! We're screwed! All three of us glared at Naruto. "The final question won't be given out until 15 minutes before the end of the testing period. You'll have one hour total....Begin!"

We all flipped out paper around and read the questions. Just looking at it makes me stressed. Okay question 1, ...oh. just decipher a code. Let me look through it...no.... okay let's try number 2. Line B in the diagram indicates the trajectory of a shuriken thrown at Enemy C by the Ninja A seated atop a tree seven meters tall. Describe and formulate the trajectory required if C were positioned at points D, E and F. Also predict the farthest possible range of the Shuriken and explain how you arrived at your answer..... Heh?

If I want to answer these questions then I'll actually have to try. I may not even be able to answer these. These are integrated problems based on principles of uncertainty and requiring complex mechanical energy analysis. Incredibly advanced stuff. Naruto will never be able to do this. The more I look at this, the more lost I get in the words. Each problem is more difficult than the one before. Poor Naruto.. he's probably stressing out over there. Okay, think (Y/n).

If these questions are basically impossible to answer, what's the reason for it. Okay just breath and calm down. I put my pencil down and folded my hands but just my index fingers straight out and touching. I  put them against my lips and just thought. When I do that it helps me think, I got that habit from Shikamaru but it really does work for me.

They make a more fuss about cheating then the actual test. Its almost like they want you to cheat. It hit me. I widened my eyes a bit and released my hands. "Anyone fool enough to let himself be caught cheating by the sentinels doesn't deserve to be here. Show us what exceptional Shinobi you can be." So that's it. They want you to cheat but just don't get caught. If you can cheat and not get caught by the sentinels, you have skills of a ninja.

This thing isnt to test our knowledge but our ability to gather information. A ninja must see through despection. He wasnt forbidding us from cheating, he was daring us to and not get caught. Only exceptional Shinobi could get away with it under these circumstances. Heh. I hope the others catch on to that. Well if that's the case then.. I picked up my pencil and got ready.

I noticed a grain of sand on my paper and I just blew it away. I noticed more were on the right of me so I looked over slowly and saw Gaara controlling sand. I must have thought to hard.. I slowly turned my head again. I closed my eyes and listened. I need to listen to the strokes of the pencil behind me. Hmm.. I wrote down the answer and felt eyes on me. Hey, if I cheat, you can cheat on me, I dont care.

I wrote more of the answers down but decided using quick glances instead because listening to each pencil stroke was hard. All of a sudden I noticed that Hinata was showing Naruto her test. That's sweet of you and all but that's really obvious. All of a sudden a kunai went flying past Naruto, behind him. It struck the guy behind Narutos paper causing the guy to yelp. Naruto you are damn lucky.

"What the? What was that all about?" The guy asked standing up. "Five strikes and you're out. You just failed the test." One of the sentinels said. "What? It can't be." He said scared. "You and your teammates will leave the room immediately." The sentinel said pointing at him. Two guys got up walked out. The guy soon followed them "Candidate number 23, fail. Number 27 and 43, failed." People started failing left and right. They were yelling and pushing but I just toned them out and continued on the exam.

More and more people failed but I didn't care. I only have 2 more questions left and theres 20 minutes left. 10 for each but I want some time to look them over so 7 for each so I basically have 14 minutes left so I can have 6 minutes to look them over. Wait. No. In five minutes they'll give out the final question. Sigh let's just do this the risky way. I took a quick glance over at Gaara and noticed he wasn't paying attention of his surroundings so I quickly took glances of his paper. Alright so one more question, then the final one.

Word count- 1510